Monday 3 April 2023

Monday, 03-04-23 and review of goals

 Morning, everyone!  After a dull start to yesterday, out came the sun and it ended up a gorgeous early spring day.  It wasn't that warm though and today looks like being much the same with plenty of sunshine but not warm enough to sit out.  I have some washing to do though and that can dry on the line - lovely!!

Lindsey was very flexible about delivering classes to me online.  So today's Circuits class will be online for me (it means rearranging her 'lesson' plans to enable this so I'm very grateful) and so will Groove tomorrow (she will just add me to the list of those she needs to call).  As it happens, she couldn't do Wednesday's personal training anyway but has invited me to the morning Circuits class again (as a freebie) and seems quite OK about me attending face to face by then, assuming no symptoms start to show.

I then remembered that on Tuesday afternoon Tim from the solar panel company is coming to look over the house and discuss the installation with me so I sent an email to them, basically giving them the choice.  So that may or may not happen.  I hope it does but it was only fair to let them know.

I realised that March has finished and I never went over my goals for the month.  So . . . 

1.  Audit and defrost freezers as necessary
I've kept up to date to a certain extend but it does need a going through again and a 'clean' printout.  However, I've kept everything tidy, it's all in the right place and I have had no difficulties finding anything.

2.  Audit food cupboards
It seems a very long time ago now but, yes, I did all that, I emptied, cleaned and re-arranged stuff to work better and it does.  I got a few more storage jars too and got all the labelling up to date.
I also treated myself to some containers for the fridge as it was getting into such a mess and I'm really glad I did.  It's so much easier to find things and all I have to do is lift out the boxes to wipe the shelves down.

3.  Keep up the low spending and tracking
I've done the last bit and am really pleased with how my rough and ready Excel sheet has worked.  I've tweaked it a bit and, sadly, put up all the monthly payments.  
The low spending has taken a bit of a nose dive what with new storage, deposits for this, that and the other, money in from savings and out again, new printer, Gizmo II, new jackets, blah, blah, blah.  In fact, I dare not look too closely at exactly how much I have spend although I could quite easily work it out.

4.  Shop x 3 (every ten days)
This has gone well and I quite like it.  Yes, I did have to get a few small items between, all fresh stuff, but I did two main shops during March and want to continue this through April.

5.  Start saving for a new tumble dryer.
I've decided that this is not necessary.  As well as the chunk that automatically moves across from bank account to savings on the 1st of each month, at the end of each month I will be moving any leftover money (assuming there is some) to my savings anyway and, now the broken part has been replaced, it seems fine so no need for specific saving, just carry on with the general savings.

I've gone on enough - I'll do April's goals tomorrow.

So - today!  I gather the digger will be punctuating my day with growls and rumbles so I will have to put up with that and apologise to my lovely neighbours if it's too bad.  I'll take some photos if I can.

The only other thing in the diary is the online Circuits class but there's lots of bits and bobs that need doing and I suspect that they will keep me nice and busy pretty much all day.  

If it does feel warm enough, I will spend some time out in the garden with my Kindle but I don't think the predicted high of 10C will quite do it for me.  Not to worry, it can't be long now.

Now, I must get ready for the day.  I have no idea how early the builders will be but want to be ready when they come.  Have a good Easter Week, everyone, however you spend it.  xx

14 comments:

  1. I need to set some goals this year. My wardrobe needs a thorough blitz and I really must be firm and acknowledge that I'll never be a size ten again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck - I tend to go 'oh, maybe I can . . . when looking at old clothes. xx

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the builders today-we had our drive done about 15 years ago which meant the removal of 80 tons soil and subsoil. It was very warm weather and I kept the men supplied with cold drinks and water for a week as their boss didn’t believe in them having rests! Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. They're having a good time with the digger at the moment. It's actually nowhere near as noisy as the drill thing that broke up the concrete. xx

      Delete
  3. My only goal for April is to try and stay within the boundaries of my challenge money. After 'accidentally' going shopping on Saturday and then buying myself a book for my birthday off Ebay, I am already teetering on the edge. I need to get a grip. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely birthdays don't count???
      Good luck - you can do it.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Like Cherie above I need to seriously blitz my wardrobe, I'm hanging onto loads that I will never wear again. Perhaps now we've got some better weather inching in I'll get motivated!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've set it as an April goal - it has to be done at some point so why not do it in good company!
      xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like we all need to blitz our wardrobes one way or another. Perhaps we should set a date and all have a bash on the same day and report back how we did!!
    Have a great Easter week too.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, dear - I need to 'audit' everything, but am of the 'put it off until tomorrow' persuasion. Maybe you will inspire me . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, to be honest, I'm a great prevaricator too. Hence these 'goals' to get me off my backside and doing stuff. xx

      Delete
  7. It can be good to have some clear goals. Mine are to have the house in sound order before next winter. The decorating can always wait. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Decorating is the icing on the cake. Good luck with your plans. xx

      Delete