Sunday 16 April 2023

Sunday, 16-04-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was a real April weather day with sunshine and rain, sometimes together, and the loveliest rainbow.  The photos don't do it justice at all.



It is very dull at the moment and we have had more rain overnight.  However, the day's forecast is much more positive with 'sunny intervals'.
Sadly, the prediction for the week which was wall to wall sunshine yesterday has changed to 'not really all that nice at all'.  Boo!

Yesterday really was lovely.  As there were spaces at the studio, I drove there for the SET class and it was fantastic.  One of those time when one feels very energetic and prepared to push on through.  Just a great start to the day.

Then I came home and got busy.


I made the two loaves, one white and one wholemeal.  I do cheat a bit and use Thermione to do the kneading and, as I have two bowls, I did them pretty much in tandem.
At the moment they are bagged up and should be sliceable by tomorrow.  Once sliced, they will go in the freezer until next week.


Then I made the scones and all but one are now safely frozen.
I kept one back because I wanted to try baking it in Nellie to see if it worked - and it did.  It was delicious, even though I didn't have anything on it.









Today is, I think, an easy day.

I need to walk up to Morrisons to get a few things for baking plus cream to make the no-churn ice cream on One Pound Wonders.  I also need more SR flour and eggs.
As well as the ice cream, I want to make mini Victoria sponges - I have a special tin, like a bun tin but deeper and with vertical sides.- I might add some cocoa powder and make them chocolate cakes.  Nice.  They will go in the freezer too, for icing next Sunday.
Maybe I will make some shortbread too - lemon shortbread would be very nice, I think.

The other thing I must do is empty the cupboard in the dumping ground room because, fingers crossed, tomorrow is solar panel day and that's where the battery, inverter (I think that's the right term), etc, will go.  Oh, my goodness, it's so exciting.

Perhaps I will do a half hour bite in the garage - it depends on the weather really.  I have no intention of going out there if it is pouring with rain.  When I do get out there, I will be sorting out the jam jars, kilner jars, etc.  That is next on the list.

I'll stop rambling now.  Apart from anything else, I need another coffee.  Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx



PS:  don't forget to say in the comments if you would like these seeds.




10 comments:

  1. The scone and loaves look sooo good !
    Went to look up the no churn icecream, looks tasty and reminded me of the no churn ice cream I used to make decades ago, whipping cream, 2 eggs and sugar and flavoured with home made praline, delicious. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks lovely, doesn't it - yours sounds fab too. Home made ice creams are so luscious. xx

      Delete
  2. Morning Joy. It was lovely and warm when I took the dog out first thing. I bet those scones are delicious with lashings of butter. Solar panel day is almost on you and all your sorting and tidying is motivating me no end. Have a lovely day. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will be and I expect a bit of butter will slip around my SW guard next Sunday - and jam!
      How nice to think that I'm motivating someone - thanks, Cherie. Enjoy the sorting - I feel so good afterwards, even when I have to force myself to start.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It was dreary yesterday, with even a little sleet at one point and then the sun came out in the late afternoon and it was glorious. Your scones sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was chuffed when I tested that one. Thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  4. Our weather is miserable too - just the sort of day when multiple coffees are required! The scone looks great - very fluffy
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really pleased with how they worked pout. Fingers crossed they will still be nice after a week in the freezer. :-)
      Definitely multiple coffees needed on these miserable days. xx

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful rainbow! I love seeing them. There is something magical about them. The bread turned out wonderfully. I love the smell of baking bread in the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The house smelled absolutely amazing. You can see why people bake bread when the have viewings to sell their house - it's such a wonderful aroma.

      It was one of the loveliest rainbows I have seen in a long while. Beautiful.
      xx

      Delete