Monday 10 April 2023

Monday, 10-04-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's the first of a seemingly endless row of bank holidays in the next few months and, typically, it is raining and predicted to continue on and off for the whole day round here. 
Such a shame but at least the last few days have been lovely; yesterday was glorious and almost warm enough to sit out although it cooled down pretty quickly early evening.

You may be amazed to read that I actually started eating the garage elephant yesterday!  I had to force myself to start, decided I would do half an hour and ended up doing an hour.  Slow progress as I was moving stuff around as well as sorting out and discarding, but an hour is an hour and I've started.  Just half an hour at a time will see it all done by the end of the month.

That was pretty much the only 'worthy' thing I did all day but I am glad to report that the marmalade isn't too runny at all.  It's on the slightly soft side but just how I like it.  All the jars are now tucked away in the food cupboard

Today, Beth and Alex are round for lunch, both having finally got rid of their Covid virus.  I'm doing the usual roast dinner as Alex loves that.  I do loads and loads of veg as we all enjoy our veg very much and dessert is usually fresh fruit so it's all very straightforward.

Have a lovely Bank Holiday and I do hope no plans are spoilt by the weather.  Take care and stay well, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Have a lovely family day, Joy. Oh and well done on making a start on the garage! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. The weather doesn't matter when Beth and Alex are coming over. xx

      Delete
  2. Strangely we have the glorious sunshine the weather man promised yesterday! Not sure it will last though. Maybe when your garage clearout is finished I could hire your services for mine! Ours needs a thorough sort out - the kind where you take everything out onto the drive - so will need a run of fine days. I am itching to do it but it won't be for a while as we have a Scotland visit to fit in before the new baby comes and then who knows what time we will have to ourselves! Enjoy your roast dinner - the chicken casserole I made turned out a success - of course being vegetarian I can't taste it so my younger daughter was chief tester and taster and if she will eat it I am on to a winner. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you. It's pretty wet here, raining steadily with no sign of easing off.
      I'm glad the casserole was a success - tricky when you can't taste it yourself.
      Good luck with the garage - not the nicest job in the world, is it?
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's always good to have a rainy day programme - absolutely essential in UK, I think.
    Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very definitely - we never know, do we? xx

      Delete
  4. The weather has broken here too but we weren’t doing anything special so doesn’t matter. I will make sure I have all the prep done for my crafty class tomorrow. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That must keep you very busy on a Monday. I hope it all goes well. xx

      Delete
  5. Best wishes with the garage elephant munching. I am still doing similar here.
    Have a lovely day and I am glad that the marmalade worked out ok

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bev. A bit at a time makes it all feel so much more achievable, doesn't it. Good luck. xx

      Delete
  6. A roast dinner with your favourite people sounds a perfect way to spend a wet Easter Monday. It's raining here as well and is forecast to continue for the next few days so the end of the sunshine for a while, I'm afraid. Well done on starting your garage clear out/reorganising. A little on most days and you'll soon get it done. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lovely day, thanks, Eileen. We have sunshine here so my fingers are crossed. xx

      Delete
  7. Well done on starting the garage, these jobs can just loom over us can't they. I was watching a YouTube video the other day, it's a guy that cleans house free of charge for hoarders and people who have long term health issues, his main tip was to concentrate on one area at a time, and literally only see that area. So for instance instead of seeing the garage as you step in, see just one shelf or just one cupboard, empty and clean that, then put things back as you want them and then choose the next spot. It seems such simple advice but I had never really thought of that when I'm doing a room, although I have just focused on say a single drawer before now.
    I'm glad the marmalade turned out okay. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That method works really well, doesn't it. It works so well for me - I find a list (surprise!!) helps, to separate the task into individual elements.
      The marmalade was lovely and Beth was very pleased with her share. xx

      Delete
  8. I am glad that you can finally all get together. Good for you on getting the garage started.

    Harvey had Covid over the holiday..and passed it on to me. Hopefully we did not pass it on to Kris.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no - you were afraid of that after Harvey got it. I hope you're not feeling too unwell with it.
      Take care and get well soon. xx

      Delete