Thursday 27 April 2023

Thursday, 27-04-23

Good morning, everyone.  Thursday already and it's a nice, fine morning.  It is supposed to rain later on but not until late afternoon/early evening so it is worth hanging out the washing!

I had a lovely day yesterday.  As always, I enjoyed circuits at Shimmy Studio very much.  Then, after a while at home and hanging the washing out (which dried quickly - nice) and bringing it in again, I set off into town to meet up with Beth.  
It was such a pleasant afternoon.
Lunch first, at Prezzo; I had my favourite penne arrabiata with chicken (wish I had a recipe for that lovely sauce) and Beth had her favourite, macaroni cheese.  Then I had coffee while she enjoyed lemon meringue pie!
Then we shopped.  Beth took the lead because, as I pointed out, I can come into town pretty much every day whereas she really can't.  We went all over - into Flying Tiger, Bravissimo, Yours, Lush and various other places, finishing off in Primark.
In Lush, I treated myself to an avocado, lemon grass and something else bath bomb which I will be cutting up into at least four as they are huge and my bath is small!   Beth loves Lush products and pretty much brought the whole shop!! 
In Primark, I got a back bag, three pretty but exceedingly cheap T shirts, some trainer socks (always useful), some tights for this coming weekend and a jacket.
I really like the jacket.  It is tailored, double breasted but just a single pair of buttons and a summery oyster sort of colour.  I think I will wear it quite a lot.  I had spent ages dithering over another jacket, same colour but with a wide brown pinstripe.  I liked the jacket but not the pinstripes so I put it back and then, as we were leaving, we saw the one I finally got and pounced!
So money was spent but it's the end of the month and I had it surplus so that's OK!

Then we parted company and I came home and crashed with a coffee - shopping is tiring!  😉  Then I did the ironing!

Today, I already have a load of washing in and doing and will get that out on the line before leaving for SET at the studio.  Once I get back, a friend from Slimming World is coming round for coffee and a chat - not Chris though - she's away.
The rest of the day will be spent packing, getting the house cleaner-friendly, ironing, etc.  Just one day to go.

Have a lovely day, everyone.  Do you have any exciting plans for the Bank Holiday weekend?  xx

8 comments:

  1. We're awash with May bank holidays this year. Add on a day out for local elections and the local schools will be wondering how to get everything done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed they will. Summer term is tight enough without the extras!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Our forecast said dry in the morning, rain in the afternoon - we woke up to rain! It's nice to have a shopping day with your daughter. Enjoy your day. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a nuisance! It has clouded over here but is still dry and doesn't look dark enough for rain - yet. That's probably Famous Last Words, mind you! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. I'd totally forgotten that it was yet another bank holiday weekend this weekend. Your header photo is absolutely gorgeous at the moment. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the usual May Day holiday, isn't it? Then there's the coronation one next week and only a few more weeks until the June Bank Holiday! Not that nit impacts all the much nowadays.
      They are gorgeous, those flowers, I agree. xx

      Delete
  4. It has been an unusually relaxed day here, courtesy of the teacher's strike and no available childcare. Not that I'm complaining.
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds shopping exhausting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A half day is as much as I can manage at a time but it's fun, even if short.
      xx

      Delete