Thursday 6 April 2023

Thursday, 06-04-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday wasn't as sunny as Monday and Tuesday but it definitely felt quite a bit milder.  Come the evening, it had clouded over and was raining a bit.  It doesn't look that good for today with light rain forecast.  


Well, they're getting on nicely.    I'm really happy with the drainage they have created to the left - it should stop the rain from just running off and onto my front path.  Looking at it, they're not going to finish tomorrow and it depends how long they work (if they work) on Good Friday.




Despite not sleeping all that well Tuesday night, I had a real burst of energy yesterday.  I moved shed stuff to the garage, moved bedroom stuff to the shed (all wrapped up well so all my friend has to do is pick it all up) and, in the afternoon, tackled my pile of jumpers, etc.  And you know what - I got it all done.  I have quite a good bagful for the Sally Army pick up point and a smaller pile up in a cupboard to get out next winter.
And a nice space in the wardrobe and I feel really good about it.
To get better use of the space, I'm trying some adjustable shelving thingies.  If they work and are helpful, I might invest in some more, but that's something for the future.  For now, I would be really happy if the ones I have ordered do what I hope they will do.

I had an email from the solar panel company - they can start on the 17th!  So in a fortnight, it will all be done.  Tim said it only takes a day.  Exciting.

I got another email which, ridiculously, rather unsettled me.  It was from Maxine (from the builders) saying if it was OK with me, they could start on the 17th.  That's this month, not the October sort of time I was expecting.  Sadly, it certainly is NOT alright with me.  I'm nowhere near prepared, either organisationally or mentally and there are finer points I was expecting to discuss and get out of the way first.  And the freezer that is going to go is not empty yet.
I don't like being awkward but no.  Even another month would work better but not the week after next!
Oh, well, it is what it is and if it is then done even later than I first thought, that is OK.  Just not in eleven days' time!!
I think this comes under the 'confidence' heading, that being one of my aims/words for 2023.  I hate saying no but I can practise on this one.

What they could do is come and do the repairs to the walled beds in the back garden.  That would be fine and I have suggested it.

Today, I definitely want to audit the freezers, something I didn't start yesterday and, in the light of the above, somewhat essential as I have to get one freezer totally empty as it is going as part of the building.  I need a Plan!  :-)
First, though, it is a SET exercise class, at Lindsey's studio this time rather than online and then the weekly chat and coffee with Chris.
After that it is home based stuff - the freezers stuff, more clothes sorting and clutter clearing.  I'm not sure where this current burst of energy has come from but I want to make the most of it.  :-)

Here's to a useful day for us all.  Have a good one, everyone.  xx

10 comments:

  1. I, also, have never been good at saying no, although I find that I am better at it as I get older :) I hope you can schedule a more convenient start time. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure I will be able to. After all, if they want my custom, they will need to accommodate. (does that sound confident?)
    It just means I have to speed up the pre build preparation and that's not necessarily such a bad thing really. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey you've been busy. I think I should take a leaf out of your book and audit both freezers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do feel quite energetic at the moment. It won't last, of course, but when it stops at least I can feel good about having done stuff early in the month. xx

      Delete
  4. You are the customer and your wishes must come first.
    Send some of your energy over here, please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, quiote. As with most things, it proved not to be any kind of problem when Maxine emailed back. xx

      Delete
  5. I do hate it when someone springs something on me suddenly, although in the form of an email rather than a phone call it is slightly better. I used to always tell my boys when they were small if they asked me a question that put me on the spot they should not rush me for an answer or it would ALWAYS be no. It's easier to say no than work out a way to do something. It turned out to be a valuable life-lesson for both of them. But it does sound like you need time to be able to sort things out ready for the builders.

    I'm finding deliveries are arriving super quick and companies are pushing for work and business, I think it's because there has been a massive downturn in peoples available money and things have been cancelled in all sorts of instances.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not great at making big decisions fast either. I'm sure we're not the only ones.
      The shelves have arrived and are now in the wardrobe doing exactly what I wanted the to do. They're not quite straight but easily moved. I am sure you're right about businesses suffering; it is a bit of a vicious circle really. xx

      Delete
  6. You have a lot on your plate right now, Joy, so it pays to take your time and schedule things at your own pace. I had too much going on last summer (tree removals, new pool liner and cover, plus replacing my back entry steps) and almost didn't retain my sanity, not to mention keeping my bank balance above zero!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you on saying no (I have trouble with that as well). You have one big project to get finished and need to get set up for the next.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete