Tuesday 4 April 2023

Tuesday, 04-04-23 - long post, ooops!

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was such a beautifully sunny early spring day.  Not all that warm but so much sunshine.  Fingers crossed for today's weather but it looks as if it is going to be bright and sunny again but quite cool - same as yesterday, in fact!

Isn't it funny how the simplest things can give so much pleasure.  I just loved watching two loads of whites (including my bedding) billowing out on the line and, later on, slipping into a bed with sun and breeze dried bedding smelling all fresh and spring-like was a highlight  of the day.

The paving work is coming on.  At least, they have stopped taking stuff out and are putting different stuff in!  


Looking one way . . .


And the other.


This was taken before the one above - I have no idea why they have come up in that order!



I'm very glad I'm not the one who has to try and lift this lump of concrete up.  Phew!



The gardener's friend.



Blossom is just so lovely, isn't it?


Most of the daffs are nearly over now - a shame, thay have been lovely this year.



This year's later fruiting raspberries, just starting to show.
There weren't all that good last year so this is their year of grace.


The mint is just in time for the Easter lamb on Sunday.

Pimms, anyone?
(Must look up that recipe for mock Pimms)








The online circuits class was good.  It's not so easy to deliver this sort of thing online so Lindsey did a sort of HIIT session which was very satisfying.

April's goals:  It looks like a lot but, really, it isn't and all much of a muchness.  I just need to get into the tidying zone again

1.  Declutter garage
In the light of no longer having an allotment, there's stuff we no longer need and the gardening shelves are rather a mess anyway.

2.  Lower my spending this month after rather a spendy March.
This doesn't include things like paving the front, etc, it's just my normal day to day expenses.  Need and want are totally different - I need to keep telling myself this.

3.  Finish the shed sorting.
There's actually very little to do here, just a few odds and ends.  I'm keeping the garden chairs in the shed until the autumn and then they can go into the (decluttered) garage before the garden room work starts

4.  Re-do the freezer audits and continue to use up what I already have.
I don't think they will need defrosting - in fact, I am sure they won't, just a quick go through and make new lists.

5.  Winter clothes
There's a huge pile of winter woolies I didn't wear this winter that someone else could need and get good use from.  It almost seems wrong to have so much just sitting there and it is an awful waste of space.

6.  The dumping ground.
I have a small third bedroom which is pretty much a box room and I call it the dumping ground because that is what it is at the moment.  It doesn't have a bed but I have books and sewing materials on Billy shelves.  Sadly at the moment, the rest is nothing but clutter, some stuff from Mum and Dad's house which I really do NEED to go through and some other stuff that I sorted out for a friend to take and which she couldn't/didn't take last time she was here.  So today I will check if it's still wanted and, after that, start sorting it all out

That's about it really - most of the above is how to eat an elephant stuff.  A bit here and a bit there and by the end of April, I want the above areas to be clearer and more spacious.

Finally, today.  The last day of staying in to protect others!  That sounds very noble, doesn't it, but, seriously, I'd rather not feel responsible for making others ill.  I'm still 100% with no aches, pains, twinges or anything else.  It has been a week since Alex was here so I think that's long enough really.

It starts with Groove online.  I'd rather be at the Studio and I will be next week, hopefully.
Then I will do some house pottering - maybe start on the spare room and see what I can do with that.

In the afternoon, Solar Panel Tim is coming.  I think he wants to have a good look round and discuss with me what will need to be done.  Then we can set a date for the work to be done.  Very exciting!

So that's my day.  How about you?  Take care and stay safe, everyone.  xx































24 comments:

  1. The front is coming along nicely, didn't realise the allotment is no more, although wondered. Some very lucky successor will benefit hugely from all your hard work you and Beth put into it. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so, Annabeth.
      It just got too much and Beth couldn't give any time to it now she's working full time at such a demanding job. xx

      Delete
  2. Have fun munching that elephant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very tasty, a bit of elephant now and again! xx

      Delete
  3. So now you can release yourself from purdah x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow, anyway - unless . . . :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. The 'works' are coming along nicely. My OH is revamping our pond this week - what an undertaking! Meanwhile I'm busy supervising dogs who seem to be attracted like magnets to the muddy hole that was the pond!!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds - messy! Typical dogs!
      Yes, it all seems to be coming on nicely, thanks. xx

      Delete
  5. Test first…brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds very organised getting things sorted and done bit by bit, well done. And lovely sunshiny weather too, lifts the spirits doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does - so very much.
      Organised on paper - time will tell if it translates to action! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. You've done well with your builders ... they came back when they said they would and there is progress to show!

    Good luck with your April goals. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a good company. I knew the owner as a pupil at school and always go for them first choice. They're doing my garden room. xx

      Delete
  8. They are moving right along with the paving. It is going to be done in no time as long as the weather keeps being nice.

    Great list of April goals.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're doing very well. Judging by the amount of 'stuff' they have piled up, there's a fair way to go but I'm very happy with progress so far. Here's hoping for the weather, for sure!
      xx

      Delete
  9. The paving looks to be coming along nicely. That is quite the list to accomplish in April! I need to make one so I get things done. There is some sorting that needs to be done and once the good weather comes I'd like to be able to spend more time outside and not inside sorting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it all looked a bit daunting when I wrote it all out but some of it is pretty small scale - most of it, in fact. I think the hardest bit will be the winter jumper de-cluttering. One bite at a time!! xx

      Delete
  10. You inspire me to go through my clutter, too. The paving project looks exciting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with the decluttering!
      I think the paving will really add to the look of the front of my home. It's not just vanity - the old concrete had cracked and was not at all attractive and they have been able to flatten it off without losing the slight slope to the drainage. I'm pleased so far. xx

      Delete
  11. I do enjoy working to a plan. It will feel very satisfying to check things off a list, and just think how calm and spacious thing will be after all your efforts.
    April is going to be my spendy month, but I will be pleased to see some progress, finally. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need a plan or things just don't get done! I'm sure we're not the only ones. xx

      Delete
  12. Love the eating an elephant phrase - never heard of it! Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an old joke. How do you eat an elephant? One bite at a time. I like the 'moral' behind it. :-)
      xx

      Delete