Friday 7 April 2023

Friday. 07-04-23

 Good morning, all.  After an uncertain start yesterday, the rain cleared and we had a beautiful late afternoon/evening.  Bring it on for the weekend; that would be great.

It was nice to do the SET class at Lindsey's studio.  I knew a few there from Groove already but each group has its own dynamic.  I'll usually do this class online because of coffee and chat with Chris but, occasionally, I can go over and will.  Next week, Chris is away, for example.

However, this week we had our usual good old chat over coffee which was, as always a lot of fun.

I got on with some more clothes sorting and am somewhat amazed (yet again and I really ought not be) how many pairs of jeans/jeggings/ cut offs/etc I have.  Unless they get battered or too out of date, I really MUST NOT get any more.  For decades!  The shelves arrived and in, easy to fit (slightly wonky but I can sort that easily) and they make such a difference to seeing what's there, even the stuff at the back.  It is most satisfying.

Auditing the freezer contents was so easy.  Compared with last time, just after Christmas, it was an absolute doddle.  Everything was still tiny and it its rightful place; all I had to do was lift out one bag at a time and amend the list.  All done now and the pressure is off because . . .

. . . Maxine emailed back and said it was absolutely not a problem to wait a bit and she would have a word with Seth about doing the bed borders instead.  Phew.

And while on the subject:

It looks nearly finished but there's still a fair bit to do - all the brick cutting and now they have the main part in place, they will need to take up some down the centre to separate my parking space from my neighbours' space.
I'm guessing one more day but it won't be today and, as it's bank holiday weekend, it will get done on Tuesday.
A bit of a shame from the parking point of view but it can't be helped.

It's Slimming World as usual this week although, it being Good Friday, I have no idea how many people will be staying.  

When I get home, I will just give everywhere a visual once-over to make sure it is cleaner-happy.  There's a few things that need tidying but, generally, it is not so bad.  Also, while doing the freezers, I noticed the top of the front opener is really messy and needs a good tidy.  I never notice it usually, I'm just so used to it.

Then, as long as it's dry, I might start on the garage.  Again, it is just sorting and reorganising really.  While it may not look so, it's really in fair nick, just a bit messy and cluttered with stuff that could now go.  It'll take a while but it's that elephant again - one bite at a time and by the end of the month it should be sorted.

Time to go and have my bath and sort out my lighter clothes!  Have a lovely Good Friday, whatever your plans.  Take care.  xx

11 comments:

  1. That does look really smart doesn't it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie, I think so too. It's such a massive improvement, I feel happy when I look at it. xx

      Delete
  2. You'll be chuffed to bits when the work's finished. I need to do another clothes sort out, thanks for reminding me. It's on the list for next week. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be, that's for sure. There's quite a lot on the books for this year - in comparison to must years at least, but it will be so very nice when it's all done and dusted.
      Enjoy your sort out. xx

      Delete
  3. Enjoy your weekend - no noise from builders x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheer bliss. . . You too - have a lovely time. xx

      Delete
  4. The parking space is coming along really well, a shame it has to wait until after the BH weekend to be finished, but the wait will be worth it for the finished result. You sound like you have been really busy. I've been sat at the computer sorting stuff out, oh and I might have booked us a weekend away ... I wonder how that happened!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Strange that, very odd indeed. Where to?
      It's been nice to feel energetic. I make the most of it when it happens. :-) xx

      Delete
  5. It's beginning to come along nice. I need to do some decluttering of my wardrobe now that Spring is finally coming. It's supposed to be quite warm next week (for a couple of days at least lol) so I shall have to find a couple of short sleeved (gasp) shirts to wear. It sounds like a good time to pull out things I didn't use this year and can donate or holey things that can be discarded.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I thought. It is unlikely to get extremely cold now round here and, even with the obviously thick winter jumpers put away, I still have my beloved oodie or layers to keep me warm.
      Doesn't 'short sleeved' sound great!
      xx

      Delete
  6. It is looking really lovely. Xx

    ReplyDelete