Thursday 10 March 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  We have more sunshine this morning and no frost!  Maybe it will be mild enough to sit out in the sun for a while - wouldn't that be nice?

I heard back from Lindsey pretty quickly yesterday.  The morning circuits group involved equipment so wasn't suitable for online delivery.  She agreed that personal training was best done online but by the afternoon, I was feeling worse so we agreed to give it a miss this week.

In the meanwhile, another lady in the Potters group posted to say she was testing positive, followed by another.  And then, this morning, I tested and . . .


I'm not surprised - I was more surprised that Tuesday's and Wednesday's were negative, to be honest.
Whether it is Covid or a nasty cold, the symptoms seem to be the same, but I will be isolating.  I know you don't have to any more but I definitely will.

So this morning I have emailed around to people to whom I have commitments . . .
Beth - obviously
Dave and Anna - again, obviously, and they were coming over for dinner tomorrow.  I have hinted at a consolatory bottle to be left on my doorstep, but you never know . . .
Jen, my Slimming World consultant
The Facebook Potters group - Lindsey is using it as an information centre so she knows what's going on.
Chris - to cancel our chat today.  It was going to be online but if I talk, I cough, and that's a bit ouch.
Gabriela - no being spoiled by my cleaners tomorrow.
The garden room company that was coming next Wednesday.  There's a chance I could be OK by then but it makes more sense for them to reschedule rather than wait and then have to cancel anyway.
Val - I was going to hers for lunch next Thursday
Sharon - I will take her advice as she was coming to do my hair a week tomorrow.  She might say wait and see or she might prefer to reschedule.
My student's mum to cancel tuition.
Jenny who shared my car to and back from Potters over the weekend.

Oh, my!  What a busy life, eh?   :-)  Thank goodness I don't have to work around others in the same home.

Well, with nothing in the diary for a week and no-one calling round, I can sew, knit, read and generally chill to my heart's content and, if the weather plays ball, get a good old dose of vitamin D in the garden.  And just think of all that immunity!  Yay!

On a much cheerier note, I have a lovely friend (I used to teach her son - surprise, surprise) who has a local floristry company and I ordered some flowers from her to take to Lindsey as a thank you for organising the weekend.  As I couldn't take them round myself, she delivered them and sent me some photos.
Isn't it a lovely display?  


Stay well, everyone (listen who's talking!!!!) and have a lovely day.  xx

38 comments:

  1. I hope you recover quickly and you don’t feel too bad. It is still disrupting life everywhere. The OH has just tested positive so I dare say I will be next.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. I do hope not. Good luck with it all and I hope OH is not feeling too poorly.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh bother and double bother! Hope it's not too bad and goes very quickly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue. It is a nuisance but if I will go away for a long weekend . . . ! xx

      Delete
  3. Oh no...but I'm glad that you aren't feeling too poorly. Those flowers really are pretty aren't they.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're gorgeous. I'm definitely using Victoria for local flowers from now on. xx

      Delete
  4. Hope this is mild for you, and you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne. I'm sure I will be fine. The cough is a nuisance, that's all. A little spoonful of honey is working wonders though. xx

      Delete
  5. Keep masking of course…I still don’t let anyone in condo exc family
    I do not go inside restaurants or large stores
    Covid is alive and well…yes we can be less careful outside…however even though the illness is less with the vaccinated, there is the danger of those who are not…prayers…keep well…

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - that's why I am isolating until I test negative again. For everyone else, not for me.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hope you recover quickly Joy. 3 months on, neither me or my husband are back to full fitness. I expected it for myself as I have ME, but my husband was superfit, and still hasn't managed a 10k run, something he did several times a week before we got Covid. He said he gets to around 7.5k and his lungs have had enough, and is using a Ventolin inhaler. Fingers crossed you have no lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scarlet, I hope so too. I'm sorry it is taking so long for you both.
      xx

      Delete
  7. The flowers are gorgeous and I'm sure Lindsey will appreciate them.

    Your comment about hinting to Dave about leaving a consolatory bottle of wine on your doorstep made me laugh! I do hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And he did, bless him. In exchange, I did some printing for him. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. Ugh. Sorry to hear you are unwell. I've read that the UK Covid numbers have been rising again in recent weeks. I'm heading over the Pond to the UK on Sunday, so will be masking indoors wherever I go. Hoping you are restored to good health very soon.

    Hope Dave takes your hint to heart. For medicinal purposes, right? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think masking is a very good idea. Numbers are going up again but it does seem to be a much slighter version of the illness.
      Yes, he did, bless him. I'm not opening it this evening though. xx

      Delete
  9. Oh no!! I hope your symptoms aren't too bad but do be careful in the period after as your immune system will be low. As I know only too well! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hugs and speedy healing wishes for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marjorie. I'm not feeling brilliant but it's not terrible. xx

      Delete
  11. Hope it doesn’t get worse.Good job you have lots of hobbies to keep you busy.
    Keep us posted on how you are.We are still wearing masks as it definitely isn’t over.
    Barbarax

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm lucky to enjoy amusing myself at home, definitely. Masks, I think, are still needed and I wear one when shopping, etc. xx

      Delete
  12. It is on the rise and moving up country. Hope you don't have ill effects and be back to normal soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you will be on the mend very soon. Beautiful flowers! Take care. Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, aren't then. I think Lindsey really liked them. xx

      Delete
  14. That`s annoying but, as you say, your immune system will get a kick start. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a bummer, hope your symptoms stay mild and it passes quickly.

    When I got back from Scottish dancing last night there was an email saying that a member of the group I was walking with on the Southdowns the day before has now tested positive. Drat! Luckily my immediate LF test was negative but I had these horrible visions of all the dancers being infected by me, a horrible thought! I seem to remember having heard there is a new strain, following Omicron, more infectious but less severe. Can't see this ending any time soon.

    Anyway, take care and easy, hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no - I really hope being out in the fresh air has minimised any threat and you'll be OK. Keep testing though - mine was negative for two days when I was obviously unwell with either that or a cold.
      I can't see it going away, rather morphing into something similar to a cold or flu.
      Take care and fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  16. I hope you soon feel better. You are being so very sensible, if more people were as sensible as you there wouldn't be this sudden rise in case numbers. Enjoy your 'clear of commitments' week, knowing you you will be able to find lots to keep you busy once you feel able to.

    In the meantime take it easy and know that we care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you all do and I'm very, very grateful. It may be a virtual community but none the less for that. Thanks, Sue. xx

      Delete
  17. I hope you're OK Joy. I noticed you hadn't posted today... you're usually an early bird. Wishing you a speedy recovery. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Scarlet. I think for the next few days my posts might be a bit later. But I'll be here. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  18. Lovely flowers. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really are beautiful - I feel strongly inclined to order some for myself when I feel better, just as a 'phew' gift. She's really very gifted.
      xx

      Delete
  19. Oh no! I'm sorry to hear you've tested positive as well. Be sure to rest up and I am wishing you a speedy recovery. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really a pain, isn't it? Take care and distanced ((( hugs ))) to you. xx

      Delete