Tuesday 11 April 2023

Tuesday, 11-04-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's another sunny start to the day here which is lovely.  We had ongoing rain yesterday, then showers, but by late afternoon the sun was out and it turned into a lovely bright evening.  A bit of a surprise, that was, because I thought we'd have rain all day.  No complaints though.

It was a good day.  Alex came round a but early which was nice.  Beth arrived in time for lunch and stayed most of the afternoon.  We had a really good old chat.  Because she was unwell during her week of annual leave, she has managed to do a swap so the three days she was actually poorly she can now take at the end of the month.  We had a chat about a day together and decided to leave the spa day for another time and have a girls' day in town and lunch out together assuming the weather works.  If it's wet, we will still have lunch and then spend time either at hers or at mine.  Either way, it will be good.

Today, because it's sunny, I'm expecting Seth's crew to turn up at about eight and to get on with the paving.  They might even finish - that would be good.  I've moved the rest of the money across and have the invoice ready for when it is all done.

I will; be driving over to Shimmy STudio for the second of two Groove sessions over Easter.  I had to do last week's at home because of self-isolation, if you remember, but it's lovely at the studio.
Then I am back for breakfast and after that I am umming and ahing about a trip into town to do some window shopping.  I'll see how I feel after Groove.

Later on, I will do another half hour garage bite to clear my conscience and I do need to do some whites at some point - maybe get them in before Groove so I can pop then on the line afterwards.

And that's my day.  Nothing terribly exciting but all very pleasant.  It should be good.
Hoping you all have a lovely day and, if you're not so well right now, I send you love and healing vibes.  Take care, everyone.  xx

12 comments:

  1. I do hope you manage to get the paving completed today. It feels good to get these jobs out of the way, so to speak, and it's going to look really great when it is finished. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. What with bad weather and two weekends, one a long weekend, it seems to have gone on for ages. Fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  2. The weather was great yesterday morning but hammered down all afternoon. Proper stormy lashing rain. Glad I spent the morning gardening. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly the opposite from here. I guess we should expect unsettled weather though - it is April, after all. xx

      Delete
  3. It was supposed to rain all day yesterday, but didn't. Today is sunny but looks a little watery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just starting to cloud over a bit here. I'm going to put a load out on the line and hope! xx

      Delete
  4. Nice and sunny here too but expecting rain and high winds from 2pm :-(
    Good to hear that Beth is better and managed to swap her missed holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Annabeth. I was very pleased that she was able to do that. It wasn't much of a break for her really.

      Delete
  5. It would be lovely to get the drive down by the end of the day wouldn't it, but it's weather dependent so fingers crossed for you. We are having proper April showers today, very appropriate for once.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be great. The weather is good and they here, making great progress. Fingers are crossed. :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Keeping my fingers crossed that the paving gets done today.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it obviously worked! :-)
      xx

      Delete