Wednesday 26 April 2023

Wednesday, 26-04-23

Hello, everyone.  It's Wednesday and the week is going so very quickly.  That's nice because of the exciting weekend coming up but I don't want to wish my life away either. 
It was a gorgeous day yesterday, pretty much sunshine all day long.  Today looks OK, no rain is predicted but you never know.  I hope it doesn't!

Yesterday was a day of little things.  Well, Groove wasn't little but it was brilliant.  We did the new sequences and playlist and it's a good one this time!  Well, they're always good but this one was super-good, if you know what I mean.

I had a really nice chat with Beth and we sorted our arrangements for today out. 
A friend came round and we had a nice chat on the doorstep.  She wouldn't come in because she was pretty busy so we just had a quick exchange.  She brought round a birthday card with a token which I might spend today.  
I treated myself to a couple of Kindle books by Tracy Borman; The Private Lives of the Tudors, and Crown and Sceptre: a history of the monarchy from William the Conqueror to Charles III.  They're not novels, they are non-fiction and she has a very easy style that draws me in; I have started the Private Lives one and am enjoying it very much.  There are several others that I'm interested in but these two will do for now.

Today starts with a Circuits class - the one I couldn't go to last week (because of an online Governors' meeting) which was to replace the Monday one I also couldn't go to last week (because of solar panels).

Then I'm home for a freshen up and change of clothes before setting off into town to meet Beth for lunch and a sort of Mother and Daughter window shopping afternoon (and maybe not-so-window, you never know).  We're eating at Prezzo as I have a two mains for one voucher they sent me on my birthday and we both like it there very much.
So I won't be going to personal training but I'm not fussed because I will have plenty of exercise over the weekend.
Here's the programme . . .


. . . this is just what Lindsey has put together.  There's also a full programme of things to do that is the usual Potter experience as well as my new books to enjoy so the one thing I can guarantee about this coming weekend is that I will not be bored!!
Nor will I be lazy by the looks of things.  I won't be doing everything - I'm not energetic enough for that - but I will give it a good go and get my money's worth!
It's going to be so good!

Have a fab day, everyone.  I hope the weather is kind to you.  Stay safe.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Just reading about all that exercise makes me feel worn out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > Just imagine how Lindsey will feel by Monday! She has to lead it all. xx

      Delete
  2. Belated happy birthday!! I'm always impressed by your exercise classes, currently I have no energy for that yet. But I will get there! Enjoy your day out and hope the sun shines xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will. Be kind to yourself for now and focus on getting well, Ali.
      And thank you. xx

      Delete
  3. Your weekend sounds wonderful and enjoy your lunch and shopping today. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to it, Catriona. Thank you. xx

      Delete
  4. Have a lovely day and count off the hours until your busy weekend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's pretty much how it is going right now . . . I do love holiday countdowns. They add to the pleasure. xx

      Delete
  5. The book about the tudors sounds interesting, I'm reading the mirror and the light at the moment, loving it.
    You are so good with all the exercising - well done
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very interesting and I'm enjoying it very much.
      I haven't read any of the trilogy - I really ought to.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. I think it's going to be really good. xx

      Delete
  7. My sister and BIL go on a dance break to Potters each year and love it. Have a great weekend.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be the original Potters at Hopton. I'm going to Five Lakes, which is a new 'branch', very close to home (about half an hour's drive away). A dance break sounds good. xx

      Delete
  8. I'm sure you will have a lovely weekend and I look forward to hearing all about it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you have a brilliant weekend ... I think I would be worn out after all that exercise, but you will cope wonderfully. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like a fun weekend. I was going to ask if you were expected to do all of the activities, but it's good that you can pick and choose which ones you would like to participate in. Xx

    ReplyDelete