Sunday 30 April 2023

Sunday, 30-04-23, Five Lakes

 Good  morning, everyone!  I've only just woken up after a brilliant night's sleep.  There's a light mist hovering over the golf course but the sun is shining brightly and I am thinking gleefully of working solar panels, full batteries and power being sent on the the Grid.  lol

No, not really.  I'm actually looking through today's programmes and trying to decide what to do.

I was very pleased with myself yesterday - I managed three exercise classes AND a walk, not that the walk was anything to boast about, but it was lovely, taken in the bright sunshine that had more than a bit of warmth to it.

I started off with the SET class at eight fifteen which was very well attended before enjoying a lovely breakfast of fruit, yogurt and seeds - which sounds horrendously healthy, doesn't it, but it is what I really fancied and it was lovely.  I didn't go to the strength class - it's pretty much all mat work and my body doesn't take too kindly to stuff done flat on the mat - I turn a bit giddy and nauseous.  A small amount is OK but not forty five  minutes of it.

For the rest of the morning, I enjoyed listening to a quiz and then I popped out for a stroll down to the boating lake and back again, stopping to chat to various members of the party on the way.
I took a few photos on the way so here's a selection - I'll continue below them.






The nesting swan seemed totally unfazed by everyone passing about twenty metres from the nest - which is just as well.  And I am sure no-one wanted to get too close either.

After lunch, several of us decided we would go up for a 'rest', aka a snooze!  It was necessary!  I went to the circuits class which was very different to our circuits at home and then on to Groove.  I have to admit that by the end of Groove I was dropping and the last quarter was a bit lack lustre on my part.  It was all brilliant, though.

After dinner, it was Bingo and then various shows.  Despite the loud music, I was falling asleep so gave up and just after ten and came back to my room.
Brilliant day.

Today starts with circuits before breakfast (I have a banana to give me some energy) and Groove after breakfast.  There's plenty of Potters stuff too with quizzes, line dancing, silly sports, live music and so on.
The Lindsey offering in the afternoon is SET which I will go to and Strength which I won't.  Instead, I will come up, pack as much as I can and get stuff into the car so there's almost nothing to do tomorrow.
 The evening show is 'Cool Britannia which I have seen before (but it's very good and worth seeing again) which focuses on classic British pop music (in its widest sense) from the 1950s to modern times.
Will I be able to stay awake?  No idea, but I'll give it a good go!

I managed to get a photo of Lindsey - several, in fact, but she never stops moving and they were mostly blurred.  


And one more - some of us round the lunch table - the chap on the left is Johnny Mac, one of the entertainment team and a very nice guy indeed, I am second from the right and on my right (your left) is Diane - tell you a bit more about Diane tomorrow, maybe.

 


Ooops - better go and get dressed or I will miss Circuits.  Have a lovely day, everyone, and I hope you are getting bright sunshine too.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are having a great time and weather is good - we have rain of course because we are packing and putting things in the car! Have a good journey home and enjoy the rest of your stay. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've been very lucky with the weather this weekend. A shame about the weather and, Viv, really sorry but I haven't posted the seeds - I meant to on the way over here on Friday but the envelope is still siting on the passenger seat. xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely pictures. Are those chaps clay pigeon shooting? I notice that none of them wear ear defenders. My husband ended up with life long tinnitus after his one try of clay pigeon shooting during a works outing/bonding weekend, where ear defenders were not provided by the organisers. Thankfully the tinnitus is not very severe and only on higher sounds, but even so ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know but it doesn't look like it, does it? That's a good point. xx

      Delete
    2. They may be using in-ear foam ear defenders which would be single use so no need to sterilise.

      Delete
    3. They could indeed. Potters is hot on health and safety so that would be my guess but I don't know - it's not the sort of activity I would particularly want to do. xx

      Delete
    4. Alan definitely used single use ear defenders when we went on our Warner Leisure hotels weekend, so they are most likely using them.

      Delete
  3. It sounds as if you're getting full value and the bonus of sunshine x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very much so. It's been brilliant. xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos, as always. Lots to do there by the looks of things. I know you're having a wonderful time, but you might need a few days to recover when you get home! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loads of activities and yes, for sure I will need a rest when I get home lol xx

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you're having a lovely time! You'll need a rest when you get back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been fantastic but I couldn't keep that pace up for long. :-) xx

      Delete
  6. You all look a happy ...and very fit ... lot. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha - maybe fitter than some. We were very happy, yes. xx

      Delete
  7. It looks fantastic there. And never a dull moment by the sounds of it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how it was. It was such fun all the time. Going on your own is great but there's something to be said for going as a group.
      Lindsey has already set a provisional date for next year and I'm top of the list (or thereabouts) xx

      Delete