Sunday 2 April 2023

Sunday, 02-04-23

Good morning, everyone; happy Sunday to you all.

First of all, thank you very much for all your lovely messages wishing Beth and Alex better.  I'll be sure to pass them on.  Last night, Beth said that they were both feeling a bit better and able to walk around, etc, without turning giddy.  She's nowhere near as poorly as she was last time so that's good.

After doing the early morning shopping, the rest of the day passed without anything much happening really.  I'm afraid the next few days will be rather boring in here too with same old, same old, to write about. 

I contacted Chris and Val to let them know because on Thursday Chris and I had our usual get together and then Val came round for lunch.  Val's not long recovered from C so she was sure she would have that lingering immunity and Chris will look out for symptoms.
I didn't attend any Lindsey classes after seeing Alex and I think I won't let Jen know for SW unless I do get symptoms - it's just too complicated and what can she do anyway?

I have decided that today will be a lazy gentle day.  I may or may not actually get dressed or I may stay in pjs and oodie.  I'm not going anywhere and have no particularly specific plans.
Having said that, I want to do a Lindsey pre-record class and I MUST ask her if I can attend Circuits tomorrow online rather than face to face.  Ditto for Tuesday's Groove but she is doing that online as well anyway so she just needs to know.  By Wednesday, I should know either way, don't you think?

There's plenty of 'gentle' things I can do.  For example, my meal planning sheet for this coming week is looking unusually sparse so I need to get that filled in.  There's a bit of ironing but not that much.  

Oh, and remember those little jumpers I was knitting for the school's nursery class.  They were well received and at SW on Friday C (who works there and also comes to group) said yes please to as many more as I can do.  Brilliant - I still have SO MUCH DK yarn.  Apparently, when they saw the Dennis the Menace one, they all laughed and said they knew exactly the child for it!!  
So I have crochet and knitting and YouTube and recorded stuff and DVDs and . . . oh, plenty of things suitable for a 'gentle' day.

What do you do on gentle days?
xx


18 comments:

  1. A lovely sunny morning here. How on earth you can say that your next few days will be boring - no way. I love reading your blog, you cram so much in and it has now become the first thing I do each morning! I look forward to reading all about the 'gentle' ways you spend your day. Happy Sunday.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Suze, that's so lovely. I'm glad my ramblings are of some interest.
      Have a lovely day. xx

      Delete
  2. Yesterday I had a quiet day all day and did some jigsaw puzzle in short bursts, too long and I get should ache the next day. I also thought I would write a poem for a poetry competition so started that. Today will probably be the same but may see my brother this afternoon, but if not it will definitely be the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds a lovely day. Good luck with the poetry. xx

      Delete
  3. That sounds like a lovely way to spend your day. I don't really get many gentle days here, but I do appreciate feeling far less hurried during the school holidays. The ironing is done, I've already written my meal plan for the week, and I will be heading out to the supermarket very soon. I think we might go for a short walk this afternoon. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember that sudden relaxation of tension and hurry - it feels so very good, doesn't it? Your day sounds as if it's going really well. xx

      Delete
  4. A gentle day is always a good idea. People rush around too much - I know I used to, dovetailing everything in. Enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble is, things have to be done, don't they? It's so nice to have enough time nowadays. xx

      Delete
  5. I like days like that, just pottering with no specific plans. It sounds like the perfect sort of day to me although I'd add in playing the piano and forget about the ironing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > There's not much ironing; most of it just folds up.
      I hope yours is going as nicely as mine. The sun has decided to make an appearance which is lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  6. The great thing about your posts - they are very calming, reminders that pleasure and contentment are often found in everyday activities and yes, routines - nothing boring about that.
    Today I went to a Palm Sunday service, complete with Shetland pony playing the role of donkey! Just had a nice roast pork lunch and can feel an afternoon nap coming on :)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How lovely that service must have been. The start of the biggest week in the Christian calendar.
      Thank you, Alison. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope you continue to remain well, and it's good to hear that Beth and Alex are feeling a bit better. I love gentle days, and have a few planned for myself in the coming week; just pottering, knitting watching favourite TV programmes, and sitting in the arbour if we get some weather as glorious as today has been.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still fine, thanks. Really pleased about that.
      We've had some lovely sunshine here - doesn't it make a difference! Your week sounds just perfect.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I do hope Beth and Alex feel better soon and that you don't come down with any symptoms. A lazy day is lovely once in a while. I usually just read and doze lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gather they are both not too unwell, thanks.
      Yesterday was a very pleasant day, helped by the sun coming out! xx

      Delete
  9. I am busy knitting mittens for the school our eldest teaches in. It was a gentle request of "Do you think your Mom would knit more mittens for us." Of course I will. I am hoping to get about 50 pairs done for them. I am up to 7 pairs right now, and should have probably 10 or 12 done by the end of next week.

    I hope you hold off on Covid, it is kind of scary waiting to see if one gets any symptoms.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a satisfying thing, knitting to give away, isn't it?

      It feels very odd, waiting for any symptoms to show. Thankfully, I am fine so far. Another couple of days should be enough - last time I went down with it very quickly after contact.
      xx

      Delete