Friday 21 April 2023

Friday, 21-04-23

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday turned out to be quite a busy day - by that, I mean I seemed to be doing something specific all the time.

I did the SET online class before popping over to Chris' for coffee and chat.  Lots of laughter and great fun.

Then I came home and started in on the front patch that was a bit mauled about when the car standing was paved.  I mowed the little remaining patch of grass, dealt with some weeds, swept up some bits and bobs, moved soil around and now it all looks rather more presentable.  There are some gaps so I am going to treat myself to some pansies, etc, to give some colour and fill up the spaces.  

Then I went round the back and attacked the weeds there too.  And while I was weeding round the strawberries, just look what I found.

Woo hoo!

Getting the back garden into some sort of shape took quite a while and then it clouded over, a wind got up and brrrrrr.  So I came in and chilled with my crochet instead of outside!

On and off for several hours, after wandering around my electricity provider's site, trying to find out my options for paying for my grid usage and not really getting anywhere (probably just looking in the wrong place), I clicked on the link to Facebook and had a conversation that way.  I have to say, it took a long time as there were gaps between questions and responses, on my side as well as theirs.  It most certainly wasn't what I think is called a synchronous conversation.  However, after reading my explanation about having been asked to up my direct debit by an absolutely stupid amount (£70 more) under the circumstances, solar panels, etc, the guy at the other end couldn't have been more helpful and, after explaining my options to me, has changed me to variable direct debit where I just pay for my usage - I must remember to read the meter and send it off in May and then, in June, I will have the smart meter so it will do it automatically.  Perfick and a shout out to him for explaining clearly and making it so easy.
It will really help me to judge how it's all going too and how much grid electricity I will have to use.  It most certainly won't be anywhere near what they are expecting me to pay monthly for at the moment.

Today, being Friday, is Slimming World group and after that, if I have time, I might pop to a garden centre.  I do have to be home by around midday as someone is delivering something so maybe it will need to wait until tomorrow - we will see.
The cleaners come this afternoon and everything is tidy and ready for them.
Will I do garage today after not doing any yesterday?  Goodness knows but I will try!

Have a great day, everyone.  xx

4 comments:

  1. It's good you had your questions answered - it takes a while, sometimes x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had one of those awful online chats recently and I had to keep asking if the person was still on the other end as it all went quiet for long periods - it took over 40minutes for a very simple question. No wonder somedays we get very little done - a phone call to the right knowledgeable person would have been so much quicker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was as bad as him in a way - I wrote and then went off and did something. When I came back there was an answer so I replied and then went off . . . until the three dots showed that I was getting in immediate response. It worked. :-) I can't do phones terribly well, especially as they usually have pretty strong accents - not their fault, it just makes it very hard. xx

      Delete