Thursday 20 April 2023

Thursday, 20-04-23

Good morning, one and all.  Hoping you are all feeling well this morning.  

Yesterday was such a beautiful day with wall to wall sunshine and a gentle breeze.  Still not all that warm but not chilly either.  Today looks set to be the same until mid afternoon and from then on it all goes downhill.  

The meeting yesterday turned out to be quite a long one (but a good one) and by the time it finished my washing was well done so out it went to dry in the gorgeous sunshine.  Seeing white bedding blowing in the sun is one of life's major small pleasures for me.  It comes in smelling of summer and so, so easy to iron (yes, I iron my bedding, folks!).

While that was drying and after breakfast, I drove off to go on a mararon hunt and decided I may as well take my afternoon tea list with me and get most, if not all, of that too.
I had already tried Morrisons and Sainsbury's so next stop was M&S where I got clotted cream, etc.  No macarons though.  So it was further on to Lathcoats.  Nope, no luck, but at Lathcoat's they had some very gorgeous looking madeleines so I got them instead.  I also got a few frozen sweet cherries and they had some mini pots of morello cherry jam.  
I had decided to decorate my mini chocolate sponge cakes with cherry jam in the middle and, on top, cream, cherries and a chocolate button.  I couldn't find fresh cherries in M&S so I went for frozen ones instead.

I really think I am all set up for Sunday now apart from some Schloer light as an alternative to prosecco (which Dave and Anna are bringing) and I can get that in Morrisons.

After a lunch back home, it was time to set out for personal training which was, as always, really good.  Then I got my ironing all done and re-made my bed before it was time for dinner.

So it was a busy day but I didn't even touch any of the other things I had planned to do.  Not to worry, there is plenty of time.

Today I have an online SET class followed by a good old chat with Chris, over at hers.  After that, the day is free so it should be more garage and some gardening, I think, providing the weather plays ball, and I want to sort out the china I plan to use on Sunday and give that a wash as it is rarely used.
And I MUST remember to turn on the dishwasher after lunch!  It just feels wrong at the moment not to set it on timer after I've wiped round the kitchen for the night.  Just plain wrong.  :-)

Enjoy your day, one and all, and be happy!  xx

16 comments:

  1. It sounds as though you're all set for Sunday. You just need to order the sunshine now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the one variable I have no way of organising, isn't it? My fingers are crossed. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Chocolate cake and cherries, a match made in heaven!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, isn't it. I don't expect there will be any left over. :-) xx

      Delete
  3. I do like the sound of all your goodies. My willpower would be sorely tested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine is at the moment, for sure. I think I will win though! :-) xx

      Delete
  4. I bet when you don't need any you will discover lots of macarons in all the supermarkets! I don't seem to have received my invite yet to your very tempting afternoon tea LOL!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More than likely!!
      You know what - I'd love to invite all my lovely commenters but
      a) I couldn't afford it and
      b) It's family only.
      Sorry, guys. lol
      xx

      Delete
  5. Your tea prep sounds almost complete and delicious hope you do a pic of when you've got it all set up:) Yes, I still , after years of having solar panels have to remember to put dishwasher and washer on when the sun is at its best!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The battery would provide power at night but, for now, it seems to make sense really.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Oooo that reminds me of the days when Black Forest Gateau was in vogue - chocolate sponge, whipped cream and cherries! Such luxury!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Kirsch though. Only because I don't have any! :-) xx

      Delete
  7. Sounds like you found some delicious things. Can't wait to see photos of your tea. Sounds like it's really going to be something!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope it all works well together. I'll try and remember to take photos. :-) xx

      Delete
  8. The weather is so changeable at the moment, I never know what to put on to each morning. We will be working outside this afternoon, so although it is sunny I will layer up, as the wind is really quite chilly. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So variable, I agree. It's really gloomy and wet here at the moment but who knows what it will be like in a few hours' time. xx

      Delete