Saturday 1 April 2023

Saturday, 01-04-23

Morning, everyone.  After a shockingly wet day yesterday, this morning is, thankfully, just a bit damp and drizzly at times.  It doesn't feel that warm but it's certainly not cold.

 So sorry this is later than usual but I really wanted to do a very early shop before too many people were out and about, the reason being that Alex has now tested positive for Covid and, while I've had minimal contact with Beth this week, Alex was over here on Wednesday afternoon before Beth had tested positive so that he and I could go through some stuff together.
I feel absolutely fine so far and really needed to do this shop so I went as early as possible.  I'd forgotten how drippy my nose feels behind a mask!!  Not nice.  Also not nice was the underlying feeling of guilt, even though I wasn't actually breaking any rules.
Now that's done, sorted out and all put away, I am well set up for pretty much a fortnight so I can stay inside, away from everyone, until a sensible time has passed.  I managed to remember where I put my tests and have dug them out although I really hope they won't be needed and it feels odd to be waiting to see if I start feeling unwell.

Yesterday was a good day, despite the teeming rain at times.  People were a bit slow coming to group, because of the rain I am guessing, but it ended up its usual lively self with plenty of chuckles along the way.  I maintained (more about that in t'other blog) but I was also Slimmer of the Month which was really very nice.

The rest of the day passed pretty much as planned.  The cleaners came, did their magic and left again.  And that, really was the highlight of the day.  

As already mentioned, I have done an early morning shop.  I usually take a route out nd back into town rather than through it;  I think it's perhaps a bit further but it's a much nicer drive and I topped up with petrol for a month or two on the way.  I merrily headed off to Writtle only to be stopped by a sign that said 'Road Ahead Closed', as if it wasn't obvious.  It does flood around there anyway but this was pretty significant and I couldn't even turn right down Cow Watering Lane because there was way too much cow-watering for comfort.  Really, the sign should have also been at the turn off roundabout as quite a lot of us were getting caught out.
I suspect that's going to be the most excitement I shall get over the weekend really.  I have washing, etc, to get on with, there's always something to tidy up and I have reading, knitting, crochet and telly.  I really cannot complain, can I?
Have a lovely day, everyone, stay warm, safe and dry!  :-)  xx

26 comments:

  1. Fingers crossed for you Joy that you will stay clear but very sensible to stock up just in case. Have a lovely weekend. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much, Catriona. Mine are also crossed . . . xx

      Delete
  2. I do hope the dreaded Covid doesn't find you! It's still here and I'm hearing some folks have been really unwell with it. It feels weird there are no restrictions after everything we had to do previously!! Wet and dreich here too so staying close to home is on the cards xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suppose it's a 50-50, iot all depends how infectious Alex was on Wednesday afternoon. One can still feel pretty unwell, like flu, but it doesn't seem to be as 'deadly' as at the beginning. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope you don't get it, but at least you'll be well stocked if you do. Hope it's short lived for Beth and Alex. Covid seems to be quite prevalent around here again, fortunately we don't mix with crowds much, if at all. I guess the effects of Covid are milder now that so many people have had all their jabs. Have a nice restful day Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze, I hope so too. It's not nice but Beth does seem less unwell than last time. xx

      Delete
  4. I hope you don't succumb Joy. We've all just had it again, only this time the 9 month old baby and my elderly mum got it too ( my daughter was pregnant the last time we had it).My mum was the least affected, but I think her viral load was small as we'd only seen her for a couple of hours a few days before we got symptoms. The 4 of us who had it for the 2nd time were all as unwell or more unwell than last time, and it's really done a number on me again, as combined with the ME/CFS I'm absolutely wiped out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds very rough for you; I'm so sorry it has had such a huge impact. It's a horrible thing, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  5. Good thing you are stocked up, just in case - but hopefully you'll fight off the virus x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so but, if not, I won't go short. Also, I have lovely neighbours who will get anything I need. xx

      Delete
  6. I do hope you haven't caught it again. That's the last thing you want but at least you know you have plenty of food to last you should you test positive. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! As I said, I did feel slightly guilty but I'm hoping any possible impact on others is non existent.
      xx

      Delete
  7. It's a satisfying feeling to be well stocked up and not feel the need to go out. Stay well x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Thanks, Jabblog, I'll do my best! xx

      Delete
  8. I do hope you don't succumb, but at least you are sensibly all prepared for a time indoors whether you do or don't. We seem to be having the opposite weather to you, it's been beautifully sunny since first light, although it's colder than you think when you step outdoors.

    Cow Watering Lane ... now there's a good name for a road. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's lovely, isn't it. Very rustic!
      When I used to drive over to Mum and Dad's, I always smiled when I drove past Honey Pot Lane - I loved that!
      It still feels a bit chilly at times here too. I am sure we will have more frosts - just not really heavy ones, hopefully. Lucky you getting sunshine though - do send some this way, please. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Bummer, let's hope you have enough immunity that you don't get it again. Take care. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm hoping, Maureen. Thanks. xx

      Delete
  10. i hope Alex and Beth feel better very soon and that you don't catch it either. Glad you managed to stock up just in case xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Bev. It's reassuring to know I have all I need in. However, so for, I am feeling absolutely fine so fingers crossed! xx

      Delete
  11. I do hope Alex and Beth are on the mend very soon. I hope you don't get sick once again.

    Like you I much prefer getting out and about very early. Miss the crowds that way and much less chance of coming in contact with nasty viruses.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just how I feel, Jackie. I started consistently doing my shopping early morning during lockdown and have continued ever since. Works for me, every btime!
      Thanks. xx

      Delete
  12. Hugs and quick healing wishes for Alex and Beth. Hope it passes you by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, for sure. Fine so far, phew. xx

      Delete
  13. Oh no! I hope you manage to avoid catching it, but you are very wise to stock up, just in case. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It set my mind at rest, just in case. xx

      Delete