Thursday 13 April 2023

Thursday, 13-04-23

 Good morning, everyone.  
As predicted, we had a spell of very gusty weather with a bit of rain but, all in all, it really wasn't all that bad and it is now just breezy and the sun is shining again.  When I went to the she to get supplies in for the day, it felt cold so it's warm jumpers again for me!

Yesterday went really well.  I got the rest of the washing, drying and ironing all finished off and put away in my newly organised cupboards and shelves, I managed to get three bags of rubbish into Chris' bin for collection today (it was two but one was too heavy and split, darn it!).

I put in a Lakeland order.  It was the foil I really needed and I got a meat thermometer.  I've never really bothered with one but now I am using Nellie more for small joints. etc, I decided it might be sensib le to check a bit more.  That took me to just below free delivery so I bought a box of poly bags, basically for almost nothing. 
I always use the Lakeland foil.  It's expensive, yes, but very robust and the one time I got caught out and went for some from the shop, it was terrible and I'm sure I used more because it kept tearing.
What I have got now will probably see the decade out - they are big rolls and last for absolutely ages

Personal training was, as always, really good and also pretty hard work.  Lindsey is definitely upping the game just a little bit; no complaints from me, despite the puffing and panting.

Then, in the evening, we had our last online girls' chat for a while and that was lovely.
We think it is the last because next month we should be able to meet face to face in Julia's garden; it should be warm enough by then.  She has a gazebo so even if it is a bit damp, that won't stop us.

I paid off the rest of the cost of the work at the front (ouch, but no regrets whatsoever) and both cars (mine and next door's) are now happily parked where they should be.  Everyone in the cul de sac has been very nice and understanding about the noise and disruption but I'm glad life has calmed down a bit.

Finally, I got around to steam pressing those edges and here is the finished blanket.  I think it looks really rather nice on my bed so it will stay there until the evenings/nights become too warm for it.
Last night was lovely and cosy!

Today there's not an awful lot on.  I will be driving over to Shimmy Studio for the SET class today instead of accessing it online, partly because there's room there and partly because Chris and I can't have our coffee and chat this week so the timings work.

I think I might take some jeans with me to change into and then just pop along the road to Sainsbury's because I'm almost there and Saturday is shopping day.  It seems sensible and better use of the petrol.  My list is ready so it makes sense.

Then, I expect it will be a bit more garage; the next bit is giving all my plastic pots a good clear out and, maybe, I will tackle the jam jars too.  The bin will be empty by then so anything that doesn't go in plastic recycling can be binned.

Apart from getting the house cleaner-ready, that's it for today.  I'm still granny squaring in the hopes of making some sort of cardigan thingy for myself.  It might look awful, it might be fine, but it's keeping my hands busy so that's a Very Good Thing.

WHat do you have planned for today?  xx

20 comments:

  1. Your blanket looks much better than rather nice- It looks rather lovely! Really good mix of colours - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Sue. That's very kind. xx

      Delete
  2. That blanket is absolutely gorgeous Joy, very well done. It's made me want to start one - the last few I've done have been big wide stripes - sheer laziness really, less sewing in of ends and no sewing/crocheting together of squares. But the patchwork effect has always been a favourite of mine, so I think I will start again. Thanks for the prod!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you probably noticed, I'm a sucker for a granny square! I sew all the ends in as I go which makes finishing off so, so much easier. xx

      Delete
  3. Wow! Your blanket is amazing Joy. Well done. I agree with Sue in Suffolk the colours blend so well together. It's a 10 from me!!!

    Beautiful sunshine here today. I plan to visit a small plant nursery, then farm shop followed by lunch at my daughter's. My sister is staying for a few days so it will be lovely to have some fun altogether!

    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Suze. It has been rather lovely so far today although, looking out, it's starting to cloud over. It's not been that warm though - they say is will warm up soon and the sooner the better is what I say!
      I hope you're having a lovely day with your daughter and how nice that your sister is staying. xx

      Delete
  4. I agree - your blanket is lovely and must make you feel very happy every time you see it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does make me happy. Thank you so much. xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful blanket Joy and the granny square patchwork is very popular in the shops this year in clothes - Sainsbury's have some cute children's jumpers using them. I need to get a move on myself today and catch up now our family have gone on a thousand and one jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's interesting. I must look and see.
      Good luck with the catching up. xx

      Delete
  6. Your gorgeous new bed throw is a work of art and will be a treasured heirloom in years to come!
    Lovely sunshine this morning but I think it'll rain again this afternoon. Was on Seaford Head yesterday, we managed to get a shortish walk in between showers and then decided to drive down to the bottom of the cliffs to have a look how the kittiwakes were doing as they should be nesting now in the cliffs, oh boy, that wind was fierce, sensibly we abandoned that idea and never made it to the viewpoint as could hardly stay standing up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was very wise. Strong winds can be very dangerous. I think we3 got off lightly yesterday. xx

      Delete
  7. Fabulous blanket, and so cheery :)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - it is cheerful, isn't it? xx

      Delete
  8. I always use the Lakeland foil and their clingfilm too. I buy the large plastic dispenser boxes and they last for years. I am just coming to the end of the clingfilm which is a bit sad as I have a spare foil and not a spare clingfilm ... isn't it always the way.

    We have had, and are still having terrible high winds, every morning we wake up to the garden furniture being totally re-organised and lots of things falling over. The wheelie bin knocked on my door during the first night of high winds, I was really laughing at that one.

    Your blanket is BEAUTIFUL, I always find that I sleep better with the weight of an additional quilt on my bed and that would be a perfect extra weight. Maybe in summer you could have a sheet on your bed and then your blanket on top instead of a duvet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I use their clingfilm too and have several rolls from Mum and Dad's house which will see me through for years and years. If you lived close by, you could have one!
      And thanks - that's a very good idea - I might just do that. xx

      Delete
  9. The blanket looks lovely. I really like the colours. You've done a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The blanket is gorgeous, Joy. I just love the colours you've used. I had to smile at your comment about Lakeland foil. I remember being quite surprised the first time I used some, as it's just so thick! X

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful, I can appreciate how long this took. worth every minute.
    It takes a lot of stamina to keep going on a project like this.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete