Saturday 22 April 2023

Saturday, 22-04-23

 Good morning, all.  It's Saturday again, and Saturdays still feel like the weekend, even though they are now much the same as every other day.
Yesterday was damp and miserable until early afternoon and then it cheered up and we had some sunshine.  It's still cold though and I gather it will get a bit colder before it warms up again.

I went to Slimming World (another pound off - yay), came home, had breakfast and then set off to Longacres and B&Q where I got some flowering things for front and back.  I'll put them in tomorrow and hope. 

And, yes, I did a bit of garage too.  All the kilner jars/jam pots/etc are now more organised and in plastic boxes to keep them all together.  I still have to do a proper sort out of the plastic stuff - not looking forward to that one little bit.  But getting there.

I was thinking about the forthcoming week; there's a number of very nice things scheduled.

There's the afternoon tea on Sunday.
There's my birthday although I don't have anything special planned for that.
On Wednesday, Beth and I are having our delayed Mum/daughter day.  We're going into town (money may be spent) and I have a buy one, get one free on mains at Prezzo so we're having lunch there.  I booked the table today.
And then on Friday I'm off to Potters at Five Lakes with a group organised by Lindsey for a fitness and fun weekend.  I'll tell you more about that nearer the time.

Nice.

Today, I have an early morning SET class at Shimmy Studio and then I'll be doing some more garden stuff (unless it is pouring), getting the new plants where I want them for the summer.  Now I have tidied up the bed at the front, it's looking quite nice but needs some colour.

Inside, I need to sort out that china and get a job list done for Sunday so I don't have too much of a rush on the day.

Have a good day, one and all, whatever you have planned.  xx


14 comments:

  1. It's funny how weekends still feel like weekends even though we have all week to plan as we wish and please ourselves. Enjoy your weekend, especially your tea party on Sunday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Habit, I guess. After all, for most of our lives (including school days) weekends have been different. xx

      Delete
  2. When I woke up this morning I genuinely couldn't work what day it was and then thought this is what it'll be like permanently come the end of term!! I know exactly what you mean re needing colour in my now tidy garden. I need flowers/plants that will look great at the end of June for my garden party! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly right, Ali, although it might take a while for it to sink in.
      Good luck for the flower hunt. xx

      Delete
  3. You do have a lot of nice things scheduled this week. I hope you have a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is Belinda btw

      Delete
    2. Thanks, Belinda. I think it is going to be a really nice week. Hope so, anyway! xx

      Delete
  4. Hope your weather picks up soon. Have a lovely day tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's damp and cloudy at the moment but might pick up. Fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  5. I hope tomorrow is a lovely day for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marjorie. I'm looking forward to it. :-) xx

      Delete
  6. Hope the tea goes really well tomorrow. I hope you take photos. I'd love to see how it all turns out. Happy Birthday if I don't comment before. Hope you have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's lovely Sharon, thanks. My birthday is actually Monday but Sunday is far more convenient for the family. I will post photos of the food but not of people. xx

      Delete
  7. I also need to get myself some flowering things :) It's that time of year. X

    ReplyDelete