Wednesday 12 April 2023

Wednesday, 12-04-23

   Good morning, everyone.
Yesterday was definitely a day of two halves.  The morning and early afternoon were lovely and sunny while the late afternoon and evening were wet, cold and increasingly windy.
I've woken up to quite a pleasant start; in fact, the sun has just emerged which is lovely.  However, there is a weather warning for high winds round here this afternoon so we have that to look forward to - delightful.  It doesn't seem to be bringing a lot of rain with it, thankfully.

They pretty much finished the work yesterday.  All the paving is in place and it looks good.
Unfortunately, the rain arrived before the did the sanding and that has to wait for dry weather now - so not today.  The forecast for Thursday is pretty good but we will see.
My neighbours are very pleased, so that's good.
And I need to sort out that grass!!
Next stop - solar panels on Monday (fingers crossed)

I managed to get some more garage done and sorted and Chris says I can use the space in her bin.  Fortunately, they are emptying the bins tomorrow so I can then start refilling mine again after that so I don't think I will do any more today but will start again tomorrow.

I decided not to venture into town, partly because I wanted to get some washing/drying/ironing done, partly because Beth and I may be going round town at the end of the month and also the only things I really NEED are from Lakeland and by the time you consider petrol and parking expenses, it's pretty much paid for postage.
However, the rain started five minutes after getting the second lot on the line so I had to dash out, get it back in and dry it on the rack so I still have that ironing to do.  Oh, well - it's April with showers and all that!

Today, I hope to get one more load of washing done and dried before the weather deteriorates so it's already in the machine, taking advantage of the cheaper rate which, I believe, stops at eight every morning!  There's the ironing and the general houseworky stuff to do and this afternoon, wind permitting, I am off to Lindsey's Shimmy Studio for my personal training session.
Just a gentle, normal day, in fact.  

The winds seem to be fairly widespread in the south so, if you are affected, take care and I hope it's not too bad for you.  xx


10 comments:

  1. We had strong winds here overnight, and now it has even begun to hail! It is good that you are seeing progress with the jobs to the house. I have finally received a quote for my roof, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I can soon get the work booked in. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hail? Oh, goodness, that's not good.
      I hope you can get the roofing work done quickly now. xx

      Delete
  2. Blogger is playing up this morning. My comment disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's probably in my spam folder. I'll go and check. xx

      Delete
    2. No, not yet, but it might appear in a while. I'll keep checking. xx

      Delete
  3. We are in the middle of atrocious weather here in west Wales and my beautiful spring flowers are taking a hammering:( ah well, I think next week will warm up considerably -about time too!
    The hard standing is looking good
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame about the flowers. So far it's just windy here. We've had a few brief showers but nothing worse.
      I'm looking forward to warmer weather next week too.
      I'm very happy with the paving - it looks 100% nicer and really gives the house kerb more appeal.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The weather was shocking yesterday afternoon and today the wind had been bitterly cold. Not gardening weather at all. C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really not. It felt cold here today too and I'm glad I have a new blanket over my duvet.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I bet you're glad it's all finished. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete