Sunday 31 May 2015

Sunday

Good morning, everyone.  I don't know about where you are but here it is raining and looks as if it has been for quite some time.  Good for the garden which is pretty dry.  There's a bit of a breeze and it felt so chilly in the night that I closed the bedroom window which is usually on tilt and turn.  That doesn't happen very often.  Yesterday, in contrast, remained lovely and sunny all through the day, just turning dully-grey in the evening.  I tried to have the big French window open but the papers kept blowing about after a while as the wind got up.  

It was mostly work yesterday but I did take a few photos so here we go . . .

Possible fruit later on - June drop permitting?  Who knows?

The irises are, again, lovely!  There's a couple of random ones elsewhere in the bed, slap bang in the middle of the crocosmia, and when flowering is done I must move them elsewhere.  I've been ruthless with the crocosmia this year and a lot is being pulled up as it dares peep through the soil's surface.  It can be quite invasive when it wants to be.

Poor tayberry.  After surviving for a couple of years before being planted in its forever place, it was thoroughly weeded by an over-enthusiastic young gardener about a month ago.  It must love me though - it is coming up again for more.  I like tough plants!
(At least, I am assuming it is the tayberry and not some vile, slow growing - is there such a thing? -  weed that has decided to grow in exactly the same spot.)

The chives are doing well and are being useful in culinary efforts . . .

. . . as is the oregano!  Must make pizza!

I also have two likely looking fuchsias in pots, bought (on special, obviously!) at Morrisons.  They are healthy, semi-hardy so who knows how long they will survive, growing well in the kitchen and need planting out soon.







2 comments:

  1. Do you know the blog Lavender and Lovage, she made a lovely salad with the chive flowers in it. I love the purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't. I'll look for it. Thanks.
    J x

    ReplyDelete