Tuesday 23 May 2017

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was a lovely day, weather wise, and today looks like being another lovely one today.  I already have one load of washing out on the line (done overnight) and another load is just finishing and will go out soon.  Ironing later on, anyone?

Yesterday I drove home after a splendid weekend with my parents.  It was a most pleasant drive, mostly cross country on Monday morning roads that were fairly clear and always fast moving, apart from the occasional learner driver.

I stopped off at Aldi on the way to pick up a few bits and bobs and also at a garden centre I haven't been to before where I found some most attractive strawberry plants that are supposed to be long fruiting.  I got three and we will see, won't we?

Once home, I did the necessary and then whizzed off to school early so I could get what I always do on Monday done before the concert, which was so good.  It's fantastic how many young musicians we have at school and there was such a variety - singing, choir, piano, percussion, Djembe (our drum group), violins, flute, guitars . . . and the look of concentration and focus on their little faces as they performed brought tears to my eyes.  I know that a lot of schools have dropped many of the arts in favour of maths and English but I am so proud that our school still has a strong focus on the arts, not just music, as well as a strong academic showing.

I had a nice, restful evening and managed to snap a lovely sunset just before I went to bed.  Pink and pretty!



Today is less scheduled but should be busy anyway.  Allotment first, then tuition planning and late afternoon I have someone coming about tuition for their child.
It should be very pleasant and satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment