Friday 5 May 2023

Friday, 05-05-23

A very good morning to you all!  It is Friday, nearly the end of the week and I am very, very glad I'm not in any way, shape, or form involved in the coronation.  It must be manic at the palace today!!
It's not a sunny start to the day and showers are predicted for both today and tomorrow but fingers crossed!

For once, yesterday went according to (revised) plan.  I thoroughly enjoyed listening to Chris as she told me about her holiday.  She and Steve had a fantastic time.
When she had gone, I drove over to B&Q, returned the wrong light fitting and bought some bulbs.  Then I walked along to Longacres and there bought two lupin plants, three daisies of some kind (the label wasn't that helpful but they are pretty) and a few bits and bobs.  It's Alex's birthday on Monday and my gift to him is lunch in town and some shopping.  He needs a few items of clothing and I said I'd treat him to them.  We can fix a date on Monday.  However, I didn't want to turn up on Monday empty handed so I got a few little bits to give.

I didn't get the new plants into their forever soil so that's on today's list alongside weeding and dead-heading plus the load of washing I didn't get done yesterday.  

Finally, I went to vote and now await the outcome around here.

Today, there's Slimming World first thing, I have washing and gardening as mentioned above and the lovely cleaners come this afternoon but apart from that, it's a gentle day and I'm looking forward to it.  I want to sort out next week's meal plans and tomorrows 'special' Coronation food (any excuse!) but I find that relaxing and nothing like 'work'.
What are your plans for today?  xx




17 comments:

  1. Mornin' Joy. Have you colour themed your garden or do you plant whatever takes your fancy. I love a garden centre splurge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The front is whatever takes my fancy but in the middle bed I try to stick to blues, purples and pinks of various shades. Apart from the spring bulbs - they are whatever they are!! xx

      Delete
  2. I am planning a walk whilst the sun shines before meeting my friend for coffee at a garden centre. I hope you get your lupins planted, I don't have much luck with lupins as the slugs enjoy their beauty before me! Mind you I haven't seen many around this year so maybe I'll try again. We have far more birds in the garden so maybe that is why and I am sure there is a visiting hedgehog! Enjoy your day.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've just had a downpour which put the clappers on getting the clothes out on the line. It's gloriously sunny again now so I am dithering. Do I or don't I. Probably not as the black clouds are not that far away. xx

      Delete
  3. KnitterNatter this morning and in the afternoon I have a go at the Coronation quiche, I foolishly offered some time ago to make one for tomorrow's little gathering at my SIL. Why oh why they devised this one containing broad beans when they are not even in season, God only knows, it'll have to be frozen, but I'll shuck them as I only like the inner bean. I searched high and low for fresh tarragon, sold out everywhere, so I bought at plant at the Garden centre, it'll be decimated by this afternoon! I've seen a number of blogs by people being put off by the spinach and broad beans, folks, it's not as bad as you think, it's mainly a cheesy quiche with the addition of a bit of spinach and broad beans. Rich with cream too, so goodbye to calorie control! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a look at that recipe and reckon that, while it sounds great (apart from the spinach - don't like spinach), it could be much healthier. It's just a glammed up quiche!!
      I love broad beans though and will definitely use some when I next do a quiche - which might be tomorrow, you never know. Without cream! And without spinach! xx

      Delete
  4. Hello Joy. As usual these days I am running around catching up with everybody. Things did not go to plan with my last coronation project but I'm back on track to complete for tomorrow!!
    Glad you enjoyed your time at Potters but hope your ankles will be ok very soon. The planters in your garden are looking lovely, so nice to see them in the front garden for everybody else to enjoy too.
    Congratulations on your Premium bond win, you do seem to be doing well with that lately.
    Enjoy the coronation weekend however you spend it. Happy days x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much - yes, things have gone well in recent months, better than just plonking the money is a savings account but, of course, it is all down to chance.
      What a shame your first project didn't go that well. Good luck with the current one. xx

      Delete
  5. We had a sunny/rainy/sunny/rainy walk this morning. The dogs don't care what the weather's doing and we were wearing the appropriate garb, so it didn't much matter. I've got a special cross-stitch to start - starting's the worst bit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds intriguing. What is it? xx

      Delete
  6. I'm shopping for chilli ingredients this afternoon - tomorrow evening we're at a friends for coronation celebrating and last minute it's been decided to do some hot food as the forecast is rather dodgy - there will also be hot coronation chicken curry - not a broad bean in sight but hoping for prosecco:)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It all sounds most appropriate! A good idea to turn the chicken into a curry! xx

      Delete
  7. Hi Joy - seeds arrived safely this morning - many thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent. Thanks for letting me know. xx

      Delete
  8. I love quiche (had one with spinach this week, no broad beans but some crumbled bacon) but won't make one this weekend. It will be too early to get up for the start of the Coronation (4:00 a.m. here) so will have to watch it after the fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quiche, as a dish, is delicious, isn't it, and so very flexible too.
      I hope you enjoy it all and I agree, 4:00 is way, way too early. xx

      Delete