Monday 22 May 2023

Monday, 22-05-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's a bit late this morning but better late than never.  It's a dull old day after a sunny early morning, which is a shame, but Beeb thinks it will brighten up later on.  Bring it on.

After such a lovely day on Saturday, yesterday was a bit less good.  I wasn't feeling 100%, very shivery and a bit lethargic.  I pushed un through (that sounds better than it was) but, after lunch, gave up and snuggled down under my owly fleece to enjoy The Railway Children on the telly.
That 'Daddy!  My Daddy!' gets to me every single time.  I know it's coming but even so - snuffle!

And then I went to sleep and slept on and off all through the evening, went to bed early and slept pretty soundly all night.  I must have needed it!

And things are much brighter today!  Yay.

The only thing in the diary is circuits but, as I didn't do much yesterday, there's some bits and bobs to do and some emails, etc, to answer.
I've already pottered in the kitchen so that's back into order again.  I usually sort out the kitchen and give it a good wipe around every evening before I go to bed but I didn't yesterday (naughty) so it did need doing!

That's about it today.  Nothing exciting apart from circuits, just potter-ey stuff.  Suze, I have contacted Victoria and will let you know.
I'd better start the rest of the day by going up, having my bath and getting dressed, I suppose.
Have a good day/good week, everyone.  

8 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you weren't feeling too good yesterday, and thank you. Today I have a friend coming over shortly to dig up a few plants for and then there's sorting some clothes out as I'm going to Cornwall for a few days. As the weather looks set to be warmer I need to do away with some jumpers and throw in some summer things!!
    Thanks again.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornwall - how very lovely. Have a fantastic time. xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear you're feeling better today. Sometimes we just need to bank some more sleep. I have the same reaction to The Railway Children. I think Jenny Agutter has had a stellar career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She has - she really is a fabulous actress. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad to here that you got you next trip to Potters sorted. I'm sure those places will go very quickly. A pain about the shower but these things happen don't they and it will be lovely when all sorted. Your plant pots of flowers and herbs are looking fab. Hope you are feeling better now. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. There're a lot of pleasant things happening, that's for sure. xx

      Delete
  4. The Railway Children is one of those films I mustn't watch - even from the beginning, same as Dances With Wolves - crying from 5 minutes in just is not good for me!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like how they treat the beginning almost a bit cartoon-ish in style. It's different.
      It certainly is an emotional film all through.
      xx

      Delete