Wednesday 24 May 2023

Wednesday, 24-05-23

 Good morning!  The sun is shining and it feels happy this morning.  It's a bit cold right now but that's OK, it will warm up.

First of all - Suze.  Victoria said she'd be glad to pass on a message but message her phone number rather than an email as she's in the middle of rebuilding the site and might not catch an email.  She has my mobile and can bounce the message straight on.  Very kind of her, isn't it?
I really must see how to open another email thingy, and keep it just for my blogs.

I got a pleasant surprise when I checked my bank account (I'm trying to remember to do so every day at the moment, to keep on top of things) and saw that my teacher's pension had gone up by a smile creating amount.  Teaching certainly has its ups and downs but one big advantage is that its pension scheme is excellent.

Groove was, as always, really good yesterday!  It is the last of this block as next week is half term and then a new block starts leading up to the summer.
After breakfast and freshening up, I went on a tomato and yellow courgette hunt.  I managed to find four tomato types I hadn't already got but, sadly, no luck with the courgettes.  I got a small pack of courgettes seeds and will pop a few straight into the soil where I want them to grow and then, assuming they come up which isn't 100% certain knowing my luck, I can just pick the strongest looking one.  Fingers crossed.

I still have more pots and more soil for them, should I acquire more tomato plants but I'm OK with what I have.  Different types, shapes and colours so interesting.
I'd like a larger plum variety so if I see one I will get it, but it's not totally necessary, just nice.  I won't be short of tomatoes, see . . .


They are a bit crowded and I will most likely be moving some of them to the other side.  I'll see how they go.

There's one thing in the diary today and that is personal training at Shimmy Studio.  However, I rather fancy a drive out to Iceland and Matalan and may very well go on to Home Bargains and B&M, etc.  Just to look - I like an occasional trawl around shops without any pressure to find things.

I've already had a smashing time in the kitchen!  I lifted one of my pyrex bowls out of the cupboard, the rest of the pile toppled over and two of them are now in the bin, well wrapped up.  Grrrrr.  And they were my two newest ones that smashed, of course, not the older, slightly scratched ones.  Typical!
Fortunately, I still have enough so won't need to replace them straight away.

So - plant the little courgette seeds, out and about, personal training.  That will (should) keep me out of trouble, for sure.  :-)
Enjoy the day, everyone, take care and stay safe and well!

13 comments:

  1. You won't be short of tomatoes, by the look of it. Our attempts at tomato growing are abysmal, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am dismal when I try to grow them from seed myself, These are all bedding plants. xx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Joy for speaking to Victoria for me. I will be in touch when I get back from Cornwall. Super weather here today, we too fitted in a mosy around the shops. Your tomato plants look really healthy, tomatoes have a multitude of uses (in the culinary sense of course!!)
    Thanks again.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've now set up a dedicated email for my blogs but, seeing as I've arranged it and Victoria was so kind as to agree, could you do it that way this time, please.
      Have a lovely time. xx

      Delete
    2. Yes of course I will, it's very kind of her xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you. Yes, it is. xx

      Delete
  3. You definitely will not be short of tomatoes. I love the way you have your pots all in a row.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can fasten them up against the wires on the fence, you see. They do look nice there all through the summer too when the tomatoes ripen. :-)

      Delete
  4. Your pots look lovely. How nice to have a financial surprise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was nice. I suppose I ought to have checked as I knew it would go up a bit, being index linked or whatever, but I couldn't be bothered to dig out all the log-in details. Bad me. xx

      Delete
  5. A lovely line up of tomatoes ... it was the third from the left wot did it!!

    I've always found that the newer Pyrex dishes will break when dropped, the good old ones just bounce and go on forever, scratches and all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup - that is exactly what happened. At least I still have enough for need (which means really I had too many before, I guess). xx

      Delete
  6. Lots of lovely tomato plants and it is good to try out some new varieties. A pain about the pyrex dishes but like someone else said, 'they don't make them like they used to'

    ReplyDelete