Wednesday 3 May 2023

Wednesday, 03-05-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It is such a lovely, sunny start to the day and my newly cleaned back paving (pretty much the whole garden) looks great.  Thanks you, Ray!

Another lovely start to today - I've just checked my Premium Bonds as the draw is announced on the 3rd of every month and I've won again!  Woo hoo.  Not a fortune but a useful little amount that, as always, has been reinvested (for now).

I've just been out and taken a few photos.  The strawberries are looking better than they ever did last year and, while the middle bed is look scruffy because of the bulbs dying back, one of the planters is looking attractive.  There are buds on the clematis (didn't take a photo) but I think I've lost the lupin that started coming up early in January and then got cut back in the cold spell.  Maybe I will spend some of my ill gotten gains on another plant to replace it.  The fuchsias don't seem to be doing anything either.  Shame.



Ray (Hire a Hubby) turned up, started work, worked all day and will be back today to finish off.  He's starting with another outside job so I can go shopping early and not worry.

For a day with not much to do, I was annoyingly exhausted.  Recovery from an energetic weekend, I expect, combined with the stress of having someone in the house.  I slept like a long, mind you!

So, on to today.
I'm doing an early morning shop and I also have to go to B&Q as one of the lights Ray tried to fit is faulty so I need to get it replaced.  I also need a few light bulbs.

I should be able to get to personal training this afternoon and then I have a Governors' meeting this evening.  It's all go, isn't it?

Have a great day, everyone, and I hope the sun shines for you.  xx

13 comments:

  1. We bought a new lampshade yesterday for our bedroom and swapped the existing one to the spare room. It did not go terribly well as both light fittings were jammed. Hey ho-it got done with a lot of sweary words and a little patience. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds extremely frustrating! I'm sure the unparliamentary vocabulary helped loads!! :-) xx

      Delete
  2. Our hydrangeas at home are looking sparse and sad - a cold overnight spell has damaged the budding stems - so perhaps another year with sparse flowers! Planter looking good Joy. Will PM you later about the seeds - have a busy morning at the moment - shouldn't even be reading in blogland - but just having a quick peek!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am most embarrassed that they are still sitting on my car seat.
      A shame about the hydrangeas and I hope the busy stuff all goeds well. xx

      Delete
  3. Make the most of the sunshine - apparently we're in for two weeks of rain! What fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really didn't want to know that! < grin >
      It's not sunny here now and it feels flippin' cold too. Not the best. xx

      Delete
  4. That planter is so pretty. We've lost a few shrubs this year due to the prolonged cold spring........ah well, that's life x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it is. Some you lose, some you don't, and we did have several exceptionally cold days this winter as well. xx

      Delete
  5. The planter looks lovely, and yes do spend some of your ill-gotten gains on a Lupin or two, I love Lupins ... I might have to treat myself to one or two as this years garden treat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely, aren't they? I have to go back to B&Q tomorrow so I will look there and in Longacres too - oh, what a hardship! xx

      Delete
  6. Your flowers are coming along very nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pleased with them so far. Must remember to water and dead head them! xx

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on your latest win! X

    ReplyDelete