Tuesday 16 May 2023

Tuesday, 16-05-23

Hello, everyone.  Welcome to Tuesday.
After yesterday morphed into the sort of day to suit the month, today also looks really promising.  It's a bit chilly (around 4 or 5C) but won't stay like that for long, that's for sure.  

Yesterday was, as expected, a gently sort of day, broken by spells of enough tiredness to send me to sleep for short spells.  I'm not sure if I have a 'summer' cold or hay fever but either way it's just a bit of a nuisance, nothing worse.  I certainly slept well overnight.

Today starts with Groove down at the hall.  Then, after a bit of time at home, I am off into town to meet up with Alex (grandson) for lunch at Pizza Express (he does love his pizzas) and then a clothes shopping time (for him although I can't promise I will come home empty handed!).  This is my birthday present to him - it should have been last week but, at point of arranging it, Lucy was still missing so we decided to make it this week instead.

I'm looking forward very much to this.  It's always nice to spend some time with Alex.

Have a lovely day, everyone, and take care.  xx

13 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great day together, and pizza for lunch can only be a good thing. :-)

    Funnily enough I have been having really dopey spells this past couple of weeks and I've had to use my hayfever medication regularly, probably as you say, it could be linked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it probably is. It's a nuisance, hay fever, but at least the over the counter meds are effective (for me and, hopefully, for you too). xx

      Delete
  2. I feel much the same as you do, Joy. My symptoms feel like the start of a cold, but I'm almost certain they are caused by tree pollen. It isn't something I've suffered from before, so it's all new to me. I might have to try some antihistamines. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do give them a go - you will know within a couple of hours and the relief can be immense, even if you don feel tired. xx

      Delete
  3. There is a common theme here - I too thought I was getting a summer cold, but no, I'm pretty sure it's the late flowering of trees ,we are surrounded by them. One big advantage is that I'm sleeping better!
    Enjoy the pizza x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is a common theme, isn't it. At least it is a seasonal thing! Hoping you feel brighter again soon. xx

      Delete
  4. Pizza and shopping. Sounds good to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very pleasant afternoon. xx

      Delete
  5. Similar weather here - I put some indoor plants outside yesterday but had to bring them back in today as it will cool off considerably overnight. Hope you and Alex had fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did, thanks, Chris. It was very pleasant.

      Delete
  6. I am very tired for some reason today, and I just can not understand it.

    I hope you feel better tomorrow.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THanks, Jackie. And I hope you had a great night's sleep and feel much brighter again tomorrow. xx

      Delete