Wednesday 10 May 2023

Wednesday, 10-05-23

 Good morning, everyone.  After a nice, dry day most of yesterday, in the evening we had the father and mother of a thunderstorm with some torrential rain at times!   The BBC reckons that there's more of the same to come today but, right now, it is cool and fresh and beautifully sunny  and I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

I can't complain - I got my whites all washed and line dried, ironed and the sheets went straight back on the bed again.  Nice.

Groove was fine.  I wore my ankle bandage, just in case, and wasn't as bouncy as I usually am but, after some initial aching, the ankle was absolutely fine so that was good.

Thank you all very much for your lovely, happy comments about Lucy.  I lifted this directly from Beth's Facebook message yesterday evening (which a few of you will have already seen, I think):

Lots of preening and polishing going on today. She has minor scrapes and sore patches and slightly red eyes, but is getting shiny and lovely again and not the sad, bedraggled, twiggy and filthy state I pulled out of the hedge this morning. Which is where she had been... stuck in a ruddy hedge.

I heard her meowing in one of my roams around looking for her. Ended up hacking off significant quantities of said hedge in the small hours when I realised that was where she was, still couldn't see her, had to wait till daylight and resumed said criminal damage to hedge again at about 7am this morning.
After one particularly strenuous heave she appeared and promptly dashed under a car where she remained, howling her head off as me and some friendly passers by attempted to coax, and then poke her out.
Whereupon she promptly *got back into the hedge she had been stuck in* and had to be hauled out howling by the scruff of her neck. Oh and to top things off? I can see this hedge from my back door.
Oh Lucy.
She really hasn't covered herself with glory, I swear the ear mites and fleas she has brought back have more sense than she. The absolute muppet.

You have to laugh, don't you, but there is deep, deep relief that she is not slowly starving in a locked shed or garage, squashed flat on the road somewhere or, worst of all, stolen by some deeply nasty person - I tried very hard not to think of that last although it would have been highly unlikely, Lucy being a very timid cat who, usually, won't even go too close to Alex. Beth is her one and only human. Yes, she was obviously very frightened, very hungry and very stuck, but pretty much physically OK. And she wasn't out in last night's storm.

Yesterday really was a very happy day!!

In other news, the electricians arrive, installed the smart meter (it took longer than I thought and than the said!), explained the display and left. So that's all done. He looked at the solar panel stuff and said it looked as if the readings would go off automatically but, if they did ask me for a solar meter reading at any time, showed me where the dial was. Helpful!

Today is a stay at home day. No need to do a shop as I still have plenty of stuff to use. I have a load of coloureds to wash and dry and there's personal training later on. The garage is pretty much OK now but there's just a few bits, bobs and corners that could be better so I may very well do a bit of that, and there's a heap of stuff in the little bedroom that needs to go elsewhere as there's not as much room in the cupboard any more.

Not a very exciting day but I'm still feeling really happy about Lucy so it doesn't need to be exciting. Happy is more than enough! Did you have storms yesterday? xx

14 comments:

  1. It hammered down here and caused some major traffic jams due to flooding. It's all blue sky and sunshine right now

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a flood warning round here and I suspect a few places flooded but we've never had problems round here (touch wood for the future).
      I'm making the most of the sunshine because it's supposed to be nasty again later on. xx

      Delete
  2. Yes the rain yesterday coaxed me to close the curtains to the garden early - it went so dark! Today has been lovely, the rain forecast didn't show an appearance until almost 4pm and was gone very shortly afterwards! So glad Lucy is home.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By the time my personal training had finished, it was drying up. As you say, not too much and I didn't notice any storming.
      Thanks, Suze. xx

      Delete
  3. I'm so very glad that Lucy was found and is okay! Poor little thing must have been so scared and frightened. I know you all are very relieved. We have been having some storms here but they occur early morning and we have slept through them. We celebrated my mother-in-law's 90th birthday today with more family and celebrations to come this coming weekend. Hope the rest of your week goes well, Joy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love an excuse to have a celebration. I hope you had an amazing time. xx

      Delete
  4. I can only imagine how scared poor Lucy was.

    We had a downpour here last night along with some hail.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rain is good - even though sometimes we complain! Hoping the hail didn't do too much damage.
      Poor little Lucy but she is safe again now, thankfully. xx

      Delete
  5. What an adventure Lucy had. I'm so glad that she arrived home okay. It might take her a few days but I'm sure she'll be back to her usual self and well preened.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure she will too. She wasn't slow to start grooming herself. Thanks, Sharon. xx

      Delete
  6. What an adventure Lucy had, hopefully she will now have learned her lesson and not push into any hedges in the future ... somehow I doubt that though. Anyway thank goodness she's home again. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time alone will tell but I do hope her escapade in the Great Outdoors has put her off for life. xx

      Delete