Thursday 25 May 2023

Thursday, 25-05-23

 Good morning, everyone.  Happy Thursday to you!

I've started an email just for my blogs.  Anyone who would like to get in touch privately, please feel free to use it.  The address is to the side.  In fact, I would appreciate it if a few of you would, just so that I can check it works, please.
Suze, as Victoria was so kind and it's all set up, would you mind using that route just this once, please.

It's a bit dull here this morning - a shame after so many lovely bright starts to the day this week.  The forecast is OK though so that's good.  Yesterday was properly warm, a gorgeous day.

I did my trawl around some shops and, pat on the back, wasn't all that spendy either.  I got some undies (needed) and trainer socks (also needed), I found a couple more different tomato plants (very small ones), a small thin bin for the bathroom and a couple of glass jars for the fridge.

That trick about storing berries in glass jars in the fridge really works.  It does keep them good and firm and stops them from going 'off'.  Hence getting a couple more jars.

It was just nice wandering around in the warm sunshine, enjoying life.

Personal training was also really good.  It's the last for a while now as next week is half term and Lindsey is away so there's no classes (no live classes) at all.  However, the thing about subscribing to SHimmy Snippets is that there's nearly half a year's worth of snippets and whole classes available so I won't be totally lazy next week.

Today normally starts with a SET class, either online or at the STudio, but I'm skipping that and will catch up with it in Snippets later on.  I'll pop over to Chris' for coffee and chat and then I'm off out to pick up my friend Diane as we're having lunch at Cressing Temple Barns.

https://www.explore-essex.com/places-to-go/find-whats-near-me/cressing-temple-barns

We will also have a good wander around and, very exciting, we're going to trawl through the various cruise brochures we have and think about next year.  To be honest, I'm not too fussy about where to go but Diane has done two so probably won't want to repeat them.  

Have a super day, everyone.  xx

16 comments:

  1. Must try that berries-in-a-jar thing it sounds so random!
    Enjoy your meal and visit and choosing a cruise - wow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know - bucket list stuff!!
      Try with strawberries - you know how quickly they can go off but mine are as firm and as sound as when I put them in over a week ago - I've just checked to be sure. Ditto for some raspberries. I have know idea what the science is but it works. xx

      Delete
  2. Good morning, Joy! I've just been drinking my cup of tea and enjoying a lovely catch up with all your news - You can probably tell Thursday is my quietest day at work :)
    I'm relieved that your feeling tired and shivery didn't turn out to be something horrible. My friend has just got over Covid for the second time and was bed ridden for several days.
    I haven't tried berries in a jar yet, but I did see something similar on Instagram recently. There is a lady called Nancy Birtwhistle who shares some wonderful and very useful ideas.
    Enjoy your lunch! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nancy is a previous winner of Bake Off, I think, isn't she. I see her now and again in foodie magazines. She seems a very down to earth, sensible person.
      I'm sorry your friend has been so poorly. It can be a very nasty thing. I hope they pick up quickly again now. xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like a most enjoyable day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was very pleasant, Jabblog - I had a lovely day, thanks. xx

      Delete
  4. I'll have to give the berries in a jar thing a go, I only every eat one or two strawberries at a time so having them nice and fresh in the fridge for longer would be good.

    What a good idea to have a dedicated email just for blog enquiries etc, I have always just used one or other of my own emails, and it always feels a bit weird sharing the address, however briefly, on the blog for everyone to see when I have needed to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I didn't think of it before. It was dead easy to do and, judging by the emails, it's working fine too. Brilliant!
      Maybe, when I get to my Million hits, I can do a give away. Hmmm - thinks. Glass jars, anyone? With strawberries? lol
      xx

      Delete
  5. I’ve sent you an email to the address in the sidebar. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got it and have replied. Thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  6. I must try that Berries in a jar tip. It'll be great once my blueberries are ready to pick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it seems to be working for blueberries too. xx

      Delete
  7. I'm all behind with my blog reading and comments, a result of being super busy in the garden during this great weather!
    Berries in a jar sounds a good idea.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would never have crossed my6 mind but, having seen it several times on YouTube, I decided it was one of the more sensible 'hacks' (I think that's the term) and, let's face it, if it didn't, one can always use a storage jar for something else. xx

      Delete
  8. Must try that glass jar trick. Thanks for letting us all know it works.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete