Wednesday 17 May 2023

Wednesday, 17-05-23

 Morning, everyone.  It's yet another lovely, sunny start to the day, a bit cool but very cheering.  Yesterday was beautiful with sunshine and loads of power generated  😍😎

Groove was brilliant.   It's the fifth of this block of six and then there's a week off for half term before it resumes in July.  Everyone was buzzing about Potters Five Lakes next year.  Lindsey has been offered eighty one places as a somewhat reduced rate for the group (yes, I have grabbed one and set the bank to pay on a specific date so I didn't forget) which is around twice the size of this year's group and places are going fast.  It will be the same as this year with Lindsey running her special classes plus all that is usually on offer and it's so nice to have it to look forward to.

I met up with Alex in town and after lunch we wandered around.  He decided he didn't want all that much but came home with some good quality slippers (yes, that's what he wanted) and some socks - as he said 'you can never have too many socks'.  
I didn't look for myself but I might have a morning in town at some point next week, just for a good nosey round and, maybe, a coffee as a treat.

That was all the excitement from yesterday.  When I finally got home, I had a coffee and then sat down with my knitting.  Half an hour or so later, I woke up!  Getting old, that's the trouble. 

Today is a bit busier.  I'm doing my other half monthly shop although the list is quite short (thankfully).
Once I am home, a SW friend is round for a chat.  This afternoon, it is personal training. 
All of that, plus the usual homey stuff, will keep me happily occupied, won't it?  Should be nice.

Have a great day and I hope the sun is shining for you.  xx




6 comments:

  1. A little snooze is perfect for recharging one's batteries Joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, isn't it just. And we've earned the right. -) xx

      Delete
  2. I agree with Alex :) I love my socks. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So does Beth. She likes wearing odd socks too, like Dobby! xx

      Delete
  3. Socks are very important, as are slippers. Glad you already snagged a spot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me, too. It was so good this year! :-) xx

      Delete