Sunday 7 May 2023

Sunday, 07-05-23

 Good moring, everyone.

Well, it's all over now.  I really can't say it is the only coronation I will ever see because the King is a few years older than I and, to be honest, he seems to have aged considerably since last Autumn.  Did anyone else think he looked rather frail at times?  That could, of course, have just been the weight of crown, robes and the occasion though.

I really enjoyed the whole thing, despite the pouring rain.  There's that story of Elizabeth's coronation (I think) when the organiser was asked what would happen if it rained and he said, very succinctly 'We get wet!'.  Well, it certainly rained on the parade yesterday but it didn't seem to dampen the mood very much at all.

I won't go on about the occasion except to say I found a few things veru moving.  The private part with the sacred anointing behind the screen while Zadok the Priest was sung was a bit spine tingling for me as was the moment when William kissed his dad and Charles looked close to tears for a brief moment.

The music was amazing, the choir fantastic and it was exciting to see seven girls from my old school (the one I went to, I mean - Methodist College, Belfast) in the choir.  Those girls who were wearing a navy uniform, three on one side and four on the other - that was them.  What an absolute honour.

A shame they cancelled most of the fly past but safety must come first.  As Suze said in her comment yesterday, the Red Arrows could be heard but the clouds were very low and I couldn't see anything although maybe I wasn't looking in the right direction.  Who knows?

So, moving on, it's been raining but seems to be brightening up.  I'm quite behind time this morning, having slept until nearly seven (three cheers) but that's OK, I have no specific plans.

I am sad of heart though.  One of Beth's beloved cats, Lucy, has been missing since Thursday evening.  I will just reproduce what she put on Facebook, just in case anyone local to her reads and can go out and check.  Thank you.  

Have a good day, everyone.  xx



Lucy is missing. Last seen Thurs evening. She is a distinctive looking siamese-type cat with cream body and chocolate points, neutered and chipped, 10 years old. Lucy is a nervous cat who doesn't go outside that often so is probably quite scared and hiding, local residents please check sheds, garages and outbuildings. Upper Bridge Road/ Old Moulsham area.




16 comments:

  1. I hope Lucy turns up safe and well - always worrying when a much-loved pet goes missing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping Lucy is found and home soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to here that Lucy is missing, poor Beth must be frantic with worry; I am praying that she will be found soon and safe, Mo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She really is, Mo. It is so unlike Lucy to go out, she's very much and indoor cat.
      Thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  4. So sorry about the cat going missing.
    I agree with you reference to how the King looked frail at times, like you say it's possible us folk going into older age will see another coronation. Agree also about the beautiful music. I'm not a dyed in the wool royalist but wouldn't have missed the coronation.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you find Lucy soon - she could be inside someone's shed accidentally - I always check mine before I shut the door as we have had cats wander in before now.
    Those robes are very heavy and he may not have slept well in the run up to the event and he will still be grieving for his mum and dad and this occassion will have brought it all flooding back. I missed seeing the Queen on the balcony it seemed odd. We'll see how he goes on in future months. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what we are hoping, Viv. It does happen. She and Alex are doing leaflet drops around the neighbourhood.
      I agree, it did seem odd to have the balcony thing without Queen Elizabeth. xx

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about Lucy. Fingers crossed she is safe and dry somewhere and turns up soon.
    I also thought King Charles looked very frail and anxious but I would imagine it was a very 'heavy' day for him with the reminder that his mother was the last monarch to be coronated and the last ceremony in Westminster Abbey was in fact her funeral. Upon leaving the Abbey, seeing all the service men and women in the gardens and then the final balcony appearance I felt that there was a huge weight off his shoulders and he was relaxing, his smile was genuine. That's what I thought.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. He did look loads better by the end.
      Still no news. xx

      Delete
  7. Any news of the missing fur baby? Charles did look very frail yesterday but it must have been very emotional for him. I do hope he has a good long reign

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, no news, swadly.
      Yes, emotional and stressful too. Camilla looked strong for him though, which is good. xx

      Delete
  8. Oh no! I do hope Lucy turns up safe and well. Xx

    ReplyDelete