Saturday 27 May 2023

Saturday, 27-05-23

 Morning, everyone.  Welcome to Saturday and the start of a long weekend - or half term!  I think of my teacher friends this half term - it's not much of a holiday, what with reports to write.  All the best with them - it's something I do NOT miss in the slightest!

Yesterday turned out to be a lovely sunny day and today looks like being much the same.  There was a gentle breeze a-blowing which kept it cooler in the shade but made for a brilliant washing/drying day.
Guess who has a pile of ironing to do this morning now!

SW was as good as ever and the tasters were nice.  Hardly breakfasty, most of them, but I felt well fed both in amount and in flavours.  






Jen took photos so I've made a montage of them all.





In between washings, the cleaners came and made me happy and then Sharon came and made me happy too.  I feel neat and tidy again now, both personally and in my home.  :-)

Today - in fact, all weekend - is going to be pretty quiet and home based.  I have ironing to do and I still haven't sorted out my jeans, etc.  I really must get that done.

Apart from that, I don't know.  I might wander out for a gentle stroll around or I might sit out in the garden, if it's warm enough.  And I am definitely Googling for Scandi cruises, as is Diane, to give us some idea of what's on offer.

It's a good old life!

Stay well and have a lovely time, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Not half term up here as there's only 5 weeks left of the school year! But I know my colleagues had to hand in their reports yesterday. I wasn't asked to write anything so I didn't offer. It feels like it's been such a long time since I was in the classroom now. I must have looked at cruises at some point as they keep popping up on my FB. I liked the look of an Alaskan one until I saw the price was £6,000 for a week!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm VERY glad they didn't have the nerve to ask you to contribute!
      Yes, cruises can be very expansive. I don't intend to pay that much but I guess I won't be owning up to how much it is. :-)

      xx

      Delete
  2. After half-term there will be school trips, school fetes and sports days, as well as Parents' Evenings - no, I don't miss it, either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. I don't mind going to the fair, but I've done more than my share of helping out. As for educational visits - no way!! Not now. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. My weekend will be quiet and home based too. My favorite kind of day. 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lovely, isn't it? easy and gentle. xx

      Delete
  4. Ugh reports, sports days, open days, nursery visits, taster days - glad it's all behind me and I can sit back and enjoy the sunshine!
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are just trying to soak up all this lovely sunshine while we have it - it felt like such a long winter . The food looks very inviting.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was tasty. Not all breakfasty but still, really nice. xx

      Delete
  6. That looks delicious. Hope you find the perfect cruise for you. Sounds wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like our taster sessions. It's never very 'professional' or 'intagrammable' but people are generous and prepare delicious, everyday, SW-friendly dishes plus the recipes. Really helpful.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Sorry - SW is short for Slimming World.
      xx

      Delete