Sunday 18 December 2016

Sunday

Good morning, gentle readers.  A quick glance outside shows me that the fog has cleared so, fingers crossed, we might be in for a brighter day.  Yesterday was unpleasant - the fog never lifted and everywhere was wet.  Another day for being thankful for our blessings.
Christmas oatcakes!

Inside things were a bit on the dismal side too for a while.  I started off well enough, making bread, oatcakes (Christmas style) and a very tasty tomato soup (and that's the end of this year's tomatoes which were ripening on the window ledge) before crashing out, paracetamol not withstanding, and sleeping.  However, sleep was just what the doctor would order, I reckon, as I felt better later.

Later on, Eddie came round and my PC has now been taken to the PC hospital - no, not really, Eddie has taken it home to work on it, as it wasn't something he could sort out quickly.  I'm very thankful for the laptop as I'd be lost without some sort of internet.  How reliant we do get on these things, to be sure.
And Eddie is an absolute star as well as a friend.

After taking Eddie and the PC home, I decided to go on to Morrison's and do my shopping yesterday instead of today and I am glad now that I did.  Then the rest of the day was spent feeling sorry for myself, knitting (well into the third king now) and enjoying the final of Strictly.  My goodness, it was a brilliant final, the best I can remember and I'd have been happy for any of the three to win.  Saying goodbye to Len was so emotional too, bless him.

On to today and all the stuff I was expecting to do yesterday needs doing this morning.  Sigh!

However, lunch (the tomato soup) is made and I have everything for the buffet tea which will be loaded mini potato skins, a cheese board, some salad bits, a Christmas coleslaw, some quiche (thanks, Beth), some ham and some good home-made bread.  I treated us to a chocolate tart thingy for afters.  That should fill any gaps!

So, by this evening, my home should look really merry and festive.  That's the plan, anyway!

Today's music:  it has to be something classical, well loved and familiar.  For unto us a child is born from Handel's Messiah.  The link takes you to the complete Messiah (well worth listening to - Kings with Stephen Cleobury conducting) and 'For unto us' starts at 31:18




For unto us a Child is born,
unto us a Son is given,
and the government
shall be upon His shoulder;
and his name shall be called Wonderful,
Counsellor, the Mighty God,
the Everlasting Father, the Prince of Peace.
(Isaiah 9:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment