Monday 20 June 2022

Monday

 Today's garden happy - well, happies as you're getting two for the price of one today.

Pretty Sweet Williams.  They always remind me of Mum and Dad who loved them and I always loved that Kate had Sweet Williams in her bouquet when she married Prince William.
The two-for-one.
Following on from yesterday, yes, they are definitely females so proper courgettes - actually three of them, not two.  You can see a male front left and, I think, another front going right - quite different.

Wonder if they will drop off, being the first fruits.  Time will tell.  But how lovely to have three coming along.  Happy!













Good morning, everyone. 
It's Monday.  One day away from the longest day of the year.  I find that hard to realise - it only seems a few days ago that we were grumbling about the dark and gloomy mornings and evenings!  It is quite chilly at the moment - comparatively chilly, anyway - but is forecast to warm up and brighten up into quite a nice day.  Hope so!

Yesterday was a most pleasant day.  I was pretty tired after Saturday's clearing, sorting and making decisions so took things very easy most of the day.
I went out for lunch so wore my new blue dress (with appropriate - er - support underneath) and felt great!  We went to the Hare and I enjoyed a superfoods salad.  I'd asked for a smaller plate one but the bigger one came so now I have two more portions, brought home in a doggy bag, in containers in the freezer which will give me two good lunches during the week.  Nice.
And that was about it really.  I looked through some photos, got the mess in the kitchen cleared up and just chilled.

Today there's more clearing and going through stuff, I have circuits and then I'm going for a swim.  It was so nice doing that last week so it may become a regular thing which I now can do as I don't have tuition any more.  Here is some washing but I think I might leave that until tomorrow.
And that's about it.

No, just thought of one more thing - I want to get the compost bin moved as mentioned in yesterday's garden update.  That shouldn't take long.

Well, have a great day, everyone.  Enjoy the hopefully fine weather and be good!  xx


14 comments:

  1. Sweet Williams are beautiful, aren't they? Hooray for your yellow courgettes, we had our first ones with our roast chicken yesterday, husband had picked 5 small ones. Have a lovely day yourself, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering if mine were just too early but obviously not. They are so good picked small, aren't they? I bet yours were delicious.
      I do love all that family of flowers. So cottage garden. Beautiful.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I love the combination of colours on the Sweet Williams.
    I haven't looked closely at my courgettes for a day or two. They do seem to have got a lot bigger though.
    Have a lovely week Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think once they get going, courgettes grow very fast - which is great.
      Yes, the colours are so beautiful, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  3. I love Sweet Williams. Aren't they bright and cheerful... and so long lasting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they are. Such a pretty shape too.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Turn around and your courgettes will be marrows! I nipped off lots of teeny ones in the hope the plants will get more established and not run out of ooomph too soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I should do that - I'll think about it. Thanks, Sue. xx

      Delete
  5. I love the colours on the Sweet Williams ... my Mum's second favourite flower, after fuchsias.

    Hope you have a good day and get everything done that you want to xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Here's another and there was a third that I will go and look for. Blogger is a right pain at the moment.
      Thanks. It's been a weary day really but I'm sure I will sleep really well. xx

      Delete
  6. The Sweet Williams are so pretty. How exciting to have three zukes coming up. Definitely see them in future meals. I hope your Monday is a great one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good, isn't it. They look so very cute right now. xx

      Delete
  7. The Sweet Williams are such pretty flowers. I can't believe it's already mid-June. I hate the thought of days getting shorter! It just seems like yesterday it was mid-December and I was looking forward to longer days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time just flies!! The longest day today (Tuesday) and July is not far away. Crazy!
      xx

      Delete