Saturday 4 June 2022

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  It is stupid o'clock but, to be fair, I was fast asleep by not long after eight yesterday evening so I've had almost eight hours of good sleep.  I was so tired even without prosecco to help!

It didn't take that long to unpack and sort things out once I got home and the rest of the day was spent pretty much chilling.  I caught up with a bit of YouTube and telly, read quite a lot, did some washing and battled to stay awake until a half sensible bedtime.

The weather was gorgeous too.  We were quite lucky through the week.  One day was very showery, one had a few bits of rain but was generally brighter, Thursday was glorious, as was yesterday.  I have no idea about today and it's a bit early to tell, but it looks pretty promising.

Having said that, I've just taken a minute out to check the Beeb and it says that today will be dry but dull but tomorrow, oh dear, heavy rain most of the day.  All those street parties - what a shame!  We've not organised anything here in our cul de sac this time.  We had knees up for the 50th and 60th celebrations but we're taking it easy this time and celebrating quietly.

On to today and it will start with a drive to Sainsbury's to get in some supplies.  The fridge is looking pretty bare so there's plenty of room for fresh fruit and veg plus some dairy and a few other bits and bobs.  A couple of years ago I'd have said it won't cost too much but today I guess it will cost an arm and a leg but that's the sign of the times, isn't it?

I might take a trip to the gym for a swim - I'll see how I feel.  Being Saturday, it might be too busy, of course, although being a long weekend, people might have other things to do (like travelling up the A12 yesterday morning!!!).  I'll think about it!

What I really do want to do is catch up on all the blogs I have missed while I've been away.  I've sort of kept up but not really, so I'm looking forward to that.  I probably won't post 'retrospective' comments much but I will read and catch up.

And the last thing is to get some meals planned - I am back on the straight and narrow and have the new Chubby Cubs book to explore.  Nice!

Now it is time for my second coffee so I will sign off.  I hope you have a wonderful Jubilee Weekend, whatever you will be doing.  Enjoy!  xx

12 comments:

  1. Enjoy that second coffee, I'm just having the one this morning, as I think I might go out for a short run. Then we're baking Jubilee gingerbread men - regular ones but with red and blue buttons :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks.
      I love the sound of the Jubilee Gingerbread men. I bet they will look so cute! xx

      Delete
  2. I did wake up nice and early but rather than being a bit miffed I was pleased as the sun was shining, such a change after our very wet day yesterday ... the day of the Children's Festival and Jubilee parade, the poor things got so wet. Today is much better but the breeze is very chilly for the planned open air picnic for the town. I'll be staying at home I think, or maybe like you go out for a bit of fresh shopping, I'm very low on salady stuff.

    Hope you have a good weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds lovely.
      Happily, the sun finally emerged and it's been a really pleasant day. Breezy and not that warm but lovely, all the same.
      Happy shopping!
      xx

      Delete
  3. We were promised rain all day but so far it's been dry and sunny, but chilly.

    I may be following your exercise example. I've responded to an advert by a local woman who offers one-to-one training in her home gym. At the moment it will depend on cost but I'm hoping it'll be affordable. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not regretted starting PT for one moment. It's been one of the best things I have ever started doing.
      Fingers crossed for you. x

      Delete
  4. Hope you enjoyed that second cup. Actually quite lovely here today so we may sit by the fire for a bit tonight.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks!!
      Is that an outside fire, like a fire pit? Sitting by the fire sounds really lovely, whether inside or out. xx

      Delete
  5. Have a restful weekend and ease gently back into your routines. Your body will thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, Chris, and you are right - it helped a lot. xx

      Delete
  6. So glad you had a lovely time. Now is the horrible bit when you have to get back to normal and (maybe) a touch of the post-holiday blues. Do you have any other getaways planned? It always helps when there is something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next break is the end of September although there might be a few ad hoc outings before then. I don't mind - places get more crowded when the school holidays are close or actually here and I prefer to leave it to families who have to take their holidays then after so many years as a teacher when I had no choice! xx

      Delete