Wednesday 16 March 2022

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone.   It's a grey old start to the day out there and the forecast is for quite a lot of rain round here but - big but - look further on that today and it is sun, sun, sun.  Spring, springing, in fact.  How lovely is that, eh?

Looking out on the garden, the hyacinths are now flowering and it looks so colourful.  Some rain will be good for them today and then - bring on the sunshine.

Thank you again for all your lovely and supportive comments.    They cheered me up no end.  xx

I had a slight - er - well, something but not enough for a panic when I unwrapped and checked over all the parts of the egg chair yesterday.  As you do, I got all the bits out of the plastic bag and checked them through against the instructions and all was well apart from one little nut.  Seven instead of the required eight.  Darn it!  I checked and checked again (how many times can you count to seven and get it wrong?) before moving all the furniture to see if it had rolled underneath anything.  I was just about to contact Aldi when I remembered that Dave actually unpacked the box in the garden on Monday so I looked on the patio and there it was, smiling sweetly up at me.  Phew.

The excitement rather knocked me out so I had a little snooze and felt a lot better afterwards.

Seriously, I really did feel loads better as yesterday progressed.  Yes, there's still a chesty cough and lots of aches and a bit of a headache but, all in all, I am loads better this morning.  I wasn't going to test today but Jen (Slimming World leader) got in touch to ask about Friday as I do the weighing as part of the social team and we decided that if I was positive today she would ask someone else to do it this week.  I know theoretically I could be negative tomorrow and Friday and be 'legal' but I want to be on the safe side as there's a number of vulnerable/elderly people in the group, as does Jen.

Apart from finding the nut, yesterday was marked by rearranging things with friends.  Apart from Jen, I also 'chatted' to Lindsey and we have arranged a gentle 'get moving again' personal training session for this morning not too long and to my agenda.  It sounds good to me.
Sharon (lovely hairdresser) also got in touch and has rescheduled my appointment for next Wednesday, bless her.
The Garden room company has rescheduled for  next week too.
I even did a load of washing and got it dried on the line.  Yay!

I've tested and, yes, still positive but nothing like yesterday's immediate and very red line.  I wouldn't call it 'faint' by any stretch of the imagination but it's less than yesterday so that's brilliant!  I hope Jen finds someone to help her this Friday.

So it's all good.  Today I have my gentle session with Lindsey, I'd like to put the chair together before Any other bits go walk-about and, if I really feel energetic, I have a small pile of ironing.  Apart from that, there's the usual.  I haven't started any applique because I've been focusing on the cross stitch and it's so close to being finished, I will concentrate on that, I think.  I'm definitely going to have to get some more threads which is a right nuisance; I'll wait until I know exactly how many and get them all in one visit to Hobbycraft, when I'm OK again.

It's really nice to be looking forward to things again!   :-)
Have a lovely day, everyone.  I do hope you're all feeling happy, despite all the stuff going on at the moment.  I'm looking round and appreciating the small things.   Lovely!  xx

16 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're finding plenty of gentle things to do to keep you occupied - don't overdo it! I love hyacinths, don't they smell gorgeous? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do. It's a favourite of mine, they are so lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It's nice to hear that you are able to keep busy with gentle stuff but don't overdo it and knock yourself back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are sounding much brighter today. Re: the nut - what a stroke of luck...as they say good thinking Batman!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was pleased. Shows my brain is returning to normal again, I think. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm glad you seem to be improving. My younger son tested positive at work the other day as did two of his colleagues, they were all sent home immediately. Luckily he can do his job from a computer at home but they can't ... so much for the whole shift going out for a celebration meal, now who will answer the calls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just so, so infectious, isn't it? And the 'lighter version' still isn't nice, it just doesn't turn into anything more dangerous so often.
      I hope he will feel better very soon. xx

      Delete
  5. Glad that you are starting to feel better Joy.
    Hyacinths are wonderful bulbs,beautiful flowers and an intoxicating scent. Enjoy them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are certain scents I just love and they are all flowers - sweet peas, freesias, lavender, lily of the valley and hyacinths are all up there.
      xx

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear you have covid, hope you continue to feel better.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Getting there now though. xx

      Delete
  7. Hugs. I am glad you found the nut. That can be so aggravating. I hope you continue to improve and improve. You are wise and kind to postpone your re-entry in the world until you are sure you are well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so pleased to see it. I could just imaging the fuss trying to find one that fitted in B&Q!!
      xx

      Delete