Sunday 13 March 2022

Sunday

 Morning, everyone.  It's really weird - the day before yesterday felt like Saturday all day and yesterday felt like Sunday.  MUST remember today is Sunday.  Without any of the usual markers, it's harder to keep touching time-base accurately.

The sun is trying to shine again this morning but the sky is looking a bit ominous and the forecast is for 'gentle rain' so we will see.

Yesterday plodded along slowly.  I did a lot of cross stitch, sucked a lot of boiled sweets and things picked up, gradually.  No new aches, just an overall weariness which seems to be pretty common for Covid.  I'm nursing the sinuses that always play up at the least opportunity with a bit of gentle face massage which always helps.

I found I was getting short of certain things that normally I would just pop on the Tuesday shopping list - first world stuff like dishwasher tablets, etc, so decided to use Morrisons home delivery.  You have to order more than £40 but, let's face it, £40 doesn't go very far nowadays, does it?  I also popped a few treats on the list and got a slot for early this afternoon which is great.   The mask is by the door to remind me to take all proper precautions before opening it.
I could have asked family or friends but it was more than just a few things so I'm pleased to do it this way.

The cross stitch is coming on nicely.  I might finish in in the next week, assuming I don't run out of any of the threads.  This particular brand of kits is a bit naughty at skimping on the threads - there are comments about it on reviews.  It's a shame as the designs are lovely, intelligently created and so easy to follow.  It's just the skimping on the thread and, goodness knows, I'm not a thread waster, I use every possible bit.
Anyway - what do you think (with apologies for the poor light - the fabric is actually white)?

Last night I had my first proper night's sleep in what feels like ages.  Since the sore throat started on Monday night, I've woken often and stayed awake for what felt like ages most nights.  However, last night I must have been fast asleep by about nine thirty and, yes, I woke for loo-time once or twice but don't even remember falling asleep again.  Although I'm still feeling tired, that's only to be expected and I can snooze when I fancy.

I'm going to tackle a bit of housework later on.  It's getting me down now, the state of things, and ten minutes here and there will make the world of a difference.  I'm also going to start meal planning and get back on the old SW wagon again.  It's nice to be considering normality once more.

I didn't start Harry Potter yesterday.  By the time I'd caught up on a bit of other saved stuff, it wasn't worth it so today's Potter-Fest day!

I have so much to be thankful for, don't I?  No big responsibilities, plenty to do but nothing I absolutely have to do (although washing my hair is rapidly becoming a necessity), online home delivery shopping, proper sleep, nice things to do, treats and feeling a bit better.  No grumbles from me today!

How's the weekend going for you?  Whatever the plans, have a happy day and keeeeeep smiling!  xx


16 comments:

  1. The cross stitch is looking brilliant.

    It's hard to remember to stay in when you're self=isolating isn't it, the other week Alan kept popping round saying 'should we go for a coffee' or 'I'm just nipping to the shops do you want anything' I had to keep reminding him that he couldn't.

    Have fun with Harry. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, especially once one starts feeling a bit human again. But I'm not going out - I really wouldn't wish this on anyone else and I've had a light dose of it, goodness knows!!
      xx

      Delete
    2. I love your cross stitch! I really enjoy reading your blog - positive, productive and always interesting.
      I think the recent rise in Covid cases might have been caused by the half term break that spanned the UK over various weeks. The few colleagues and pupils who have had it recently report it as a mild cold. Fingers crossed for your return to good health.

      Delete
    3. That's very possible. I know where I caught my little dose and who from. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds like you have had a milder bout of Covid...so glad for you! it is really good to read how sensible you are being about cope with it and also self-isolating. Shame others blatantly disregard all restrictions and consideration to others! Numbers have been dropping here but just lately (last few days) there has been a new spike and an increase in numbers of infected. Wish it would go away! Your cross-stitch is fabulous! I am impressed! Take care now. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did. It would have been nice for it to be even milder but it could have been so much worse. Infections are spiking but death rates are dropping, I gather.
      Thanks, Amanda. xx

      Delete
  3. Glad you are feeling a bit brighter - I wouldn't rush into anything if I were you but take time to convalesce. The cross stitch is very pretty it reminds me of a card I once sent to a friend - we would send a card to each other when we were due a get together for a cup of tea and a chat - we would find a card with a picture of something to do with cups of tea, a teapot or, like your picture, a stack of cups and in turn would send one to each other depending on whose turn it was to host the visit. We each have a stack of old 'cups of tea' cards as we call them in our memory boxes....sadly my friend has dementia now and our cups of tea cards are something of the past.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful memory and I'm so sorry you can no longer carry on such a heartwarming tradition.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I'll be heading over the Pond a little later today (thankfully, my flight wasn't yesterday as we had snow and 40-55 mph winds...today is cold, but calm here). Hope you continue to recover well. Glad you have things to keep you entertained. Love your teacups.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read that your bout of Covid has been a fairly mild one, not that that makes it any less serious, and hope your return to full health is a quick one.

    I love the teacup cross stitch - you have got on well with it. If you decide against HP films today, the Les Miserables Staged Concert is on Sky Arts at 7pm ... well worth watching if you enjoy the music. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You will be out in the garden soon, I`m sure. Just don`t overdo it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The teacups are gorgeous. I am glad you got a delivery slot so quickly. Hugs and healing wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cross stitch you are creating! I'm so sorry you have Covid but glad that it is a milder case. Hope you regain energy and are completely better very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cross stitch is coming along very nicely, and will fill up some of your time while you're feeling unwell. X

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Joy, That is a gorgeous design! Too bad they are skimping on the thread, how frustrating. So glad you were able to order your groceries for delivery. I did that once after a bike accident. It was so convenient. Sorry to hear you are so weary. That's how I felt when I had it, and just incredibly weak.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cross stitch is looking lovely. I loved having the delivery while I was in England. It was really efficient and really liked not having to carry things home on the bus! It certainly helped while I had to quarantine.

    ReplyDelete