Saturday 12 March 2022

Saturday

 Morning, everyone.
After yesterday's confused cock up, I'm being extra careful this morning to get this in the right place!

It was a very pleasant morning yesterday, not quite as nice as Thursday but mild and a bit sunny but by mid afternoon the sun had gone, the clouds has rolled over and the rain had started.  A shame but there you go!
The sun is shining again this morning.  It's a bit chilly but I have opened the French window for a short time, not because of infection (I don't think you can re-infect yourself, can you?) but because it's nice and fresh and however covid has affected me, it's not done anything to senses of smell and taste.  No complaints there!

There's not a lot going on at the moment, of course.  Chris had included a few items for me in her pick up online supermarket order and brought them over yesterday morning, leaving them on the doorstep.
Later on, Anna popped over to collect another print out, drop off some boiled sweets and to take a letter for posting.
And that was about it.

I felt rather yuck in the morning with a bad cough and a sore throat but water, pain killers, cough linctus and boiled sweets of various kinds made a big difference through the day.  The diet has gone to pot - I'm not off food, quite the opposite, and it's all carbs and sugar.  I will have to get that sorted pretty speedily!

This morning, it's more of the same.  The tickly, dry cough has been replaced by what I believe they call a 'productive' cough which is a lot easier, even taking the sore muscles into account.  Things are definitely looking up!  If I didn't feel morally bound to stay safe inside, I might even fancy a walk but, being a Good Girl, I won't.  

So what am I going to do.  Honestly, not a lot.  I've made great strides with my cross stitch and will try to remember to take a photo.  I will continue catching up on old, recorded programmes and I might start another viewing of all the Harry Potter films; it's been a while since I did that.  Oh, and I want to start an appliqued beach hut - I've got the shapes cut out!
So there's plenty to do while I don't feel up to more fine and upstanding stuff like housework!  

Have a great day, enjoy any lovely weather you might have and stay safe.  


20 comments:

  1. Seems you're coping well . Think you self isolating is really really sensible. I fail to understand the governments logic in doing this.Hope you get better soon and keep positive .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't make much sense to me either although, to be fair, they are 'advising' to stay in and away from others and that's exactly what I am doing. I don't feel under any pressure to keep testing but I won't be going out and about again until I have had two negatives.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are looking after yourself the very best you can and being very sensible. A Harry Potter marathon session sounds good, especially as you are fancying sweet things. You could turn your living room into the cinema, pop some corn, get some sweeties to hand and lots of drinks easily available.

    I wouldn't worry a bit about putting on any weight with the carby and sweet nibbles your body will soon jettison it all when you get back to normal, in fact I have frequently found that if I've been on a diet and then relapsed once I 'get back on the wagon' things shift a lot quicker ... well that's my excuse ;-)

    Take care. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of a film afternoon. Good idea, thanks. xx

      Delete
  3. Hello there! Blooming Covid- but yes it had me craving the sugar and carbs like nothing on earth! I bet the little virus cells go mad for it! You sound like you have plenty of things to occupy you. I couldn't keep focussed for long. We are here with you day by day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember you said that. Must get back on track tomorrow though, I really must.
      My brain keeps aching - more than usual, I mean. lol
      xx

      Delete
  4. Definitely the perfect time for a Harry Potter film marathon, but you probably knew I'd say that! I think that self isolating is the only sensible thing to do in the circumstances and I do hope you feel better soon xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice, easy, undemanding viewing. I haven't got started yet, I've been watching some YouTube instead. There's tomorrow as well.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I’m glad to hear you’re feeling better! Sounds like you have lots to keep you busy while you recuperate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Give me a week and I'm sure I'll be back to my usual self. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. Lots of gentle relaxing but absorbing things to do whilst you're recuperating sounds just the ticket. Do you know, I don't think I've ever seen ALL of the HP films....how remiss of me! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really not? Oh, well, that's a challenge for you! Maybe something to do in those lovely long Van days. xx

      Delete
  7. I think if you went outside today the stiff breeze would carry the germs right of into the upper atmosphere!
    Hope you feel a better again each day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not too bad here although the sun's low in the sky and I'm going to shut the French window as it's getting a bit chilly. it's been nice to get more fresh air into the house.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I'm glad your symptoms are relatively mild, and that your cough is beginning to ease now. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. I feel fortunate, definitely.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I am glad that your cough is better. Also that you decided to self-isolate.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much. Isolating seemed the only sensible and 'right' thing to do, whatever the current rules say or don't say.
      xx

      Delete
  10. Take care of yourself and feel better soon! I must admit that I would miss my walks, but unless you can be sure there will be absolutely no one else around I wouldn't go. Hopefully you'll make lots of progress on the cross stitch and will soon be back to walking again.

    My neice's husband lost his sense of smell when he had covid last year and has yet to get it back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on the edge of country here but most unlikely that I could walk and not meet someone so staying at home is the name of the game for now.
      Poor man - that sounds difficult. I hope it returns soon.
      xx

      Delete