Thursday 31 March 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone!  After my whinging yesterday, the weather cleared up and we had a good share of sunshine through the day which was lovely.  It did get chilly though and this morning we have quite a frost.  The sky looks clear though and the sun is rising so three cheers.  Beeb says sunny intervals and a fresh breeze which is quite a change from the snow and sleet predicted at the start of the week. 
What's it like your way?

Yesterday was a lovely day.  I bustled around, prepping meals for me, Beth and Alex before the garden room man, Duncan, turned up.  He's given me plenty to think about in terms of what's possible, the extras I would like and what probably wouldn't work/be necessary and he had some really good and helpful suggestions.
There is a huge amount of flexibility in terms of size as they don't use kits as such but build them from scratch to the customer's requirements.  So, for example, make the shed area just a little bit wider and the freezer could fit in sideways and really not cut down on storage space all that much, especially with shelves or a couple of cupboards above (allowing for opening).   Then it wouldn't need to go in the garden room area.  I'd not considered that and I like it very much.  
He also looked carefully at access and where a skip could go, etc.  And again, the ball park estimate was well within what I am prepared to pay.

After that, I had breakfast that then drove round to Beth's with their dinner.  I was glad to see Beth was asleep so I had a quick chat with Alex before topping up the car and coming home to a few chores.

I'm definitely picking up - I felt more energetic at personal training and, while I got breathless, it wasn't half so chesty as last week and even Monday so that's good.

Today has started with me making a couple of mini crustless quiches, one for lunch today and one, probably, for the freezer.  I do like to get everything more or less prepped for the day first thing.  It waves a lot of hassle later on and keeps me on track much better.

At ten, Chris and I are having our chat but online this week as Chris and Steve are isolating before a weekend visit to someone vulnerable.  After that, I will have my breakfast and then, barring emergencies and accidents, I am definitely off to Greenwoods for a swim and a chill.  Everything is ready as I packed my bag expecting to go on Tuesday; I just have to remember to take my Kindle and a few magazines as I fully intend to be lazy in between swims and read on a sun lounger.  

This evening, I have a Zoom chat with John.  There's various Executor things we need to talk about and a chat will work so much better than emails.  I must remember to print out some paperwork he sent me - it will be easier than swapping screens all the time.

So that's my day.  Quite busy again and busy on my terms.  After a fortnight of enforced idleness, it's really lovely to be up and doing again.

Chris, I've re-entered your details as you sent them to me.  I need to delete the old links now which I will do later on today.  In the meanwhile, can you check and see if it's OK now?  Thanks.

Have a great day, one and all.  Stay safe, stay warm and be happy.  xx


16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It is frosty and bright here this morning, quite a contrast to the warm sunshine at the weekend. Fingers crossed the milder temperatures will return soon.
    It sounds like you're making great progress with your garden room plans. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jules. Yes, things seem to be plodding on and I have hopes that come the end of the summer I will have a garden room.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear that you are feeling better. That garden room is going to be gorgeous and so useful. It keeps snowing here but at least the sun shines in between snow showers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr - I hope it isn't settling though.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your swim and sun lounger time sounds good but we have snow here this morning so no sun loungers out here!
    The garden room plans are coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? And you're not so far away, are you. Please don't send it on . . . :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. It's chilly here, cold enough to put the heating up to warm the house properly.

    Your garden room plans are coming on. Do you have more companies to see or will you make your decision based on the two you've seen so far?

    Hope you have a lovely day with your Zoom chats and your swim at the spa. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm seeing one more, at least. I've more or less discarded the first one - it all sounded fine but I have a 'feeling' about it - too cheap, they offered a reduced amount if I had it done quickly (I had told them I wouldn't be making a speedy decision) and a lot less flexible in terms of size.
      I might then dig out another company, so I have three to choose from but we will see.

      I turned the heating up too - and put on the electric blanket while I was still in bed.
      xx

      Delete
  5. We loved our garden room and used to eat our breakfast there when the sun was still sleeping and always had morning coffee there.. you'll love it. Hope you get your swim today. Thank you for persisting with connecting with my blog. No frost here but a sunny day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes me feel very excited. Coffee in the dark - well, not IN the dark but with the dark all around.
      xx

      Delete
  6. It's good to see you're feeling better and getting back to your usual busy life! Cold and frosty here (the gritter gritted my road last night!!) but it's a beautiful sunny morning here with a stunning clear blue sky :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it feels so much better. It's cold here but not that cold. I haven't seen any gritters.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Glad you are feeling 'back to normal ' the weather has been so fickle just recently currently is hailstones and is freezing cold but the forecast is supposed to get milder next week - who can really tell?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so glad you're feeling better. It does seem to be taking a while. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. It is a bit but better than some people. xx

      Delete