Tuesday 29 March 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's just getting light, it's cloudy and there's a bit of rain in the air, just like the last two mornings.  They both cheered up by lunchtime and we had lovely sunny afternoons; however, Beeb weather says it will stay dull and damp all day today.  Oh, well, that's the way it goes and the good weather will return at some point, I am sure.

Yesterday ended up a bit hectic.  

I got myself into town and to the bank where, after five minutes of talking at cross purposes with the bank assistant, I realised she'd got it totally the wrong way round, explained again and, hey presto, a couple of minutes later it was all done and dusted!

I used the opportunity to go to Boots, Primark, back through M&S, into Lush (a rare treat but I want to try their hair bars) and finally to Lakeland as I needed some stay fresh longer bags.  These are really good at prolonging the life of fresh stuff and, although they cost more, I wash and reuse them and they last much longer.

Then I went home to be greeted by a message from Beth saying that her test was positive.  Ho hum.

Circuit training was OK - I'm still not quite right and got a bit puffed and dizzy but I did what I could and I'm glad I did.
When I got home, there was another Beth message asking for various bits and bobs so I went to Morrisons, got what she wanted and a few more things and then took them over.  I wasn't too worried about infection, seeing as my antibodies must be high right now but I masked up, all the same.

Later on, I did the long delayed tuition session and it was fine.  There's five more sessions left now, all being well, and the mum has asked for one extra as he's missed two.  So that is now all sorted and arranged.

Just a normal day really, with covid complications.

Today I am doing an early morning shop, taking some stuff over to Beth and Alex (who is stressing about his responsibilities at the moment) and then I am hoping to go over to Greenwoods for a swim and general relax!  Fingers crossed it all happens as planned.

Have a super day, everyone, and stay warm if the temperature drops again.  xx

18 comments:

  1. Poor Beth. It's a good job she has you close at hand in case she needs you. I love the 'Honey' shampoo bar and find that I really don't need to wash my hair as often when I use any of the Lush shampoo bars.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a couple but I can't remember what they are now - I read the descriptions and went for the ones I really liked the sound of. They're not cheap, are they - the one I am current using was about £1.50 from Home Bargains!!
      I'm totally converted to shampoo bars - they are so much easier.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm sorry Beth has got that dreaded second line. I hope she will be okay.
    Enjoy your swim! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jules. She's rather miserable at the moment but fingers crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Poor Beth, it's a good job you've recovered enough to be able to help out. The stay fresh longer bags are brilliant aren't they. I've been using the same pack in rotation for a couple of years now an they are still just as effective.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I took some stuff over today and tomorrow I'm making a cacaron9i cheese and some veg for them.

      I love those bags; as you say, they are really strong and do a great job. I've taken to opening bags of salad leaves and tipping the contents into a stay fresh bag - it makes such a difference.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Poor Beth, hope she doesn't feel too unwell. I'm impressed you were able to do some Circuit stuff. I can still hardly walk the length of myself without wheezing. It's a very slow process recovering from illness when you get older. I'm not liking it one bit!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do it terribly well and I did cough a lot but not to worry, at least I tried.
      I thought I'd bounce back and I haven't, not really. I think, though, that you've had it a lot worse than I have. I sympathise.
      xx

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear that Beth has tested positive. I hope she has a relatively mild dose and that her asthma doesn't lead to any complications.

    Have a lovely time swimming at the spa today. Are you just going for the swim or will you treat yourself to anything else while you're there? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was going to maybe have a manicure but actually, in the end, I didn't go. I'll explain in my blog tomorrow.
      xx

      Delete
  6. This covid seems to be hanging on, hope Beth starts to feel better soon.. good that she has you to get bits for her. Say Hi to Stock for me, we used to go to the Bakers Arms for meals. Enjoy your swim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of going across the road to there for lunch sometime after a visit. Not often though!
      xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry to hear about Beth. Hope she feels better soon. Day 8 for me and still testing positive (and still isolating in my hotel room). However, the second line was fairly faint today. Had to reschedule flight home to US...yet again. Now arranged for Saturday, if I can get a negative result. Fortunately, only had mild symptoms. None now. May Beth recover just as quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fingers crossed for Friday and Saturday then. If the line is faint now, you should be clear by then.
      I'm very glad your symptoms have been so mild.
      xx

      Delete
  8. I hope Beth feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It's early days at the moment.
      xx

      Delete
  9. I do hope Beth feels better very soon. I sometimes wonder if we will ever be rid of the virus.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we will. I think it will end up like flu - always there low key and flaring up now and again.
      We will have to learn to live with it.
      xx

      Delete