Sunday 20 March 2022

Sunday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's going to be another lovely, sunny day today and, according to the Beeb, from tomorrow, the temperatures will be in the top teens which would be amazing.  Today - not so warm but sitting out really depends on how much of a breeze we have.  It's perfectly still right now.

Like most of these things, when I finally got round to it, putting together the egg chair was an absolute doddle.  The instructions were really clear (they aren't always, are they?) and none of it was too heavy or too awkward for one person to manage.  I need to take off the chair part when moving it in and out but it was so, so easy.
I though it might have to sit in the corner of the living room until the Garden Room is done but I think that as long as I bring the egg part in (much easier to carry than the frame) while the forecast is good, it will be fine and I looked on Amazon and ordered a nice zip up cover for it so, when that arrives, the whole thing could stay out if I want.

(not the best place in the garden for it but in the afternoon it was in sunshine)

Talking of garden rooms, I was pondering on the visit next Wednesday from another company when I realised that I already know a building company that has done great work for me before and has a good name, and that's Seth and his team.  I fired off an email to Maxine and got a reply straight away saying yes, it was the sort of thing Seth does and he will make a time to come and talk to me about what I would like.  Once that's done, I should have three quotes, three lots of 'what can be done's' and, perhaps, negotiation material.  Why didn't I think of it before?

I enjoyed the sun for a while - it was OK for a short time, then I got my owl fleece and enjoyed more sunshine accompanied by Kindle and chilled white.  Slightly less wind and a few more degrees would have been better but it was nice, all the same.  Very comfortable and, while a strap stops it from swaying too much, the gentle rocking was very relaxing.

Once inside again, I got on with the counted cross stitch and it's now finished apart from the places where the thread has run out.  Fingers crossed that I can pop over to Hobbycraft tomorrow.  It's looking really nice and, of course, NO BACK STITCHING.  Yay!
(I'll try to remember to take a photo later on today)
The other thing I did was practise my applique, this time a heart with the edges turned in - I think it's called 'needle turn' applique but am happy to be corrected.   I don't think there's much I can do with it really as it's too big for a card, but it was a learning thing.

I'm testing today (later on) so fingers crossed, please.  
Apart from that excitement, there's nothing on the agenda until this afternoon when I'm having a Zoom chat with Beth.  There's not an awful lot to do apart from rest, enjoy the sunshine and generally potter so I will have a go at using a cute little elephant motif to create a card.  




This is the motif and I thought I'd do four, using some of my fat quarters fabric and raw edge applique and, if I can find any small enough, buttons for eyes.  If not, maybe a bead would be nice.
There's a friend's birthday coming up so, maybe, it would work for that?
I ought to try some sewing machine applique at some point but not today!
If I hadn't been feeling rotten, I would have enjoyed this last week with no responsibilities or commitments.  I'm thinking that, with forward planning, it would be perfectly possible to repeat the experience (without the Covid complication, I mean) and really enjoy a week of crafting.
I will ponder on it!

I's better stop rambling and get the day started, I suppose.  I do hope your sunshine is as lovely as it is here and that you have a lovely, peaceful, restful Sunday.  xx

Later edit:  negative - woo hoo!!!!!!!!

18 comments:

  1. Chilled white and a nice warm fleece sounds just the job when you are getting over a nasty virus. It was a proper scorcher here yesterday and I wore a tee shirt all day. My arms are a nice shade of pink this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the wind stopped it from feeling any warmer. It's still very still so perhaps today will work better.
      I am sure the pink will tan nicely soon - after all, you spend a lot of time in your fab garden, don't you?
      xx

      Delete
  2. There you go you have the sunshine and we have dreary dark days and no sun at present :-). I do like your new chair it looks really comfy! Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, that's a shame. Your turn will come though. xx
      xx

      Delete
  3. Oh I'm so pleased your test shows negative - you must be more pleased though! The chair looks lovely, well done for putting it together. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so pleased and happy, thanks, Sooze. It's been a long one though - given that I started feeling poorly thirteen days ago. xx

      Delete
  4. Your egg chair is pretty. It’s good that you ordered a cover. My sister always put her cushions in their gazebo when they weren’t using them and extended the life of hers for many years that way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eventually, it will go in the garden room but until then I thought it was a good idea and they're not terribly costly. It should be coming today. xx

      Delete
  5. Love that chair, Joy. Hope you get more sunshine soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice, isn't it, Stephanie. Thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  6. Yeah on the negative test.

    I do hope your zipper cover holds up better than the one we ordered. It was expensive and ripped apart in the wind the first year. Fixed it and it ripped worse the second year. I am thinking of making a waterproof fabric one just have to figure out how.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, dear. Fingers crossed. I guess that if the forecast isn't good, I'll be wanting to carry the chair part inside anyway. Time will tell. :-)

      Delete
  7. Your egg chair is brilliant, and well done on getting it together nice and easily.

    We saw something slightly bigger in Dobbie's the other day and lets just say it was a couple of hundred pounds dearer than the Aldi version and the only difference was that it came with a couple of little fluffy cushions as well as the main one. You have a bargain for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so, for sure. I've seen others and, yes, they look lovely, but not so different from my Aldi one and it will be easy to add/change the cushions, if and when I want to.
      We don't have a Dobbie's round here but I get the impression it's not a cheap place.
      xx

      Delete
  8. So glad the test was negative!!!

    Love the egg chair. It looks really comfortable and a nice space to relax in .

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the egg chair and I can see many happy hours enjoyment sitting in it in the future.
    Great news about the negative test x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, I'm really pleased with it. It's wide enough that I can curl up in it which I like doing.
      Thanks. xx

      Delete