Tuesday 15 March 2022

Tuesday

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun is doing its best to shine through some hazy cloud and yesterday was rather lovely too.  Aren't we having some lovely weather at the moment.  Well, round here we are anyway - is it good where you are too?

Thank you so much for your lovely, kind and concerned comments yesterday.  It wasn't a great day but I'm feeling much more me again today, thankfully.
I've just done another test and it shows strongly and immediately positive which hardly surprises me.  I just felt I ought to do one after five days.  I won't bother tomorrow - it's not going to turn negative in that short time and I'm very glad I cancelled everything this week.

Remember that egg chair I ordered from Aldi?  I understood it to be out on March 31st but that must have been my mild dyscalculia talking and it really said March 13th because I woke up from a snooze yesterday to find a huge, enormous box outside, pretty much blocking my front door.  Just what I did NOT want to see!
I made a bit of an effort to get it through the front door but between the covid aches coughs and the fact that it was just too wide, I couldn't manage it.
Thankfully, my lovely son emailed to check how I was and came over, dragged it round the side of the house and into the back garden, unboxed it and lifted it over the back doorstep where it is now sitting, tucked into the corner, until I feel up to putting the bits together (it doesn't look hard).  If I do and if the weather is mild, I could sit out in it, couldn't I?

I am now three films through Harry Potter so today is the Goblet of Fire.  The main problem is that I keep dozing off!  Still, sleep is good and I am sleeping really well overnight too.  Part of the healing process, isn't it?

I've just cancelled the already rescheduled garden room company visit.  They seemed happy to come anyway - I am not!  Hopefully they can come next week instead.  Surely I will be OK again by next week.

So, today is Harry Potter 4, YouTube, telly, sewing, knitting and a bit, just a bit of housework.  I've already given the kitchen a good anti bac wipe over which makes me feel better and I will do the loos later.  There's now a basketful of washing to be getting on with too so I'm going to make good use of the sunshine.

However, I'm not pushing it.  Things aren't right and, while I do feel better again, I don't think it would take much to knock me back again so I'm being sensible - and thinking of all those antibodies!!  :-)

 Goodness, what a moany blog today - sorry.  Things will be back to normal soon and there will be more interesting stuff to talk about, I hope.  In the meanwhile, I do hope you are well and having a great time, whatever you're doing.  Stay safe and well.  xx

24 comments:

  1. Saw the size of the boxes in the shop - no wonder you couldn't get it through the door!
    Hope there is another improvement today

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew it was going to be a large box because it said so but I was a bit taken aback, all the same. Thank goodness it's cardboard collection this week. xx

      Delete
  2. Hopefully you will continue to improve now - think it can take up to 10 days. Take care and keep safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will. Thanks very much. xx

      Delete
  3. Not moany at all Joy, just telling us how things are! My best friend's son, who is on the CEV list as he's immunocompromised, has just tested positive - caught from his work office, no doubt. It's a reminder that Covid is still all around us, a fact which has been overshadowed in recent weeks by the terrible Ukraine stuff. Keep taking care of yourself, Joy - obviously you will! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful for him. I do hope he is OK. xx

      Delete
  4. Recovery is often a bit of an up and down process like getting over the flu. Enjoy your rest time and take care of yourself. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry you're still feeling rotten, Joy, but it is good to know you are resting up and taking good care of yourself. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are picking up again now. Phew. xx

      Delete
  6. I'm so sorry to hear that you are still feeling poorly... Blimmin Covid. Hope you feel better soon... and I love that chair.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - it's going to be lovely in the warm weather, I think, whether or not the new garden room is up by then. xx

      Delete
  7. Sorry you're still feeling rough Joy. Keep resting, and enjoy the films.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Keep feeling better and I'm sure that lots of rest will help in that direction. Enjoy your next Harry Potter movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > They are enjoyable films, aren't they? xx

      Delete
  9. Take it slow, I know from our sons that slow and steady is what a person needs to do to get over the virus.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess you are right although I'm sorry it's personal experience. Are they back to 100% now? xx

      Delete
  10. Oh dear, I really do hope you feel better soon. Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sharon. Things are looking up again now, which is nice. xx

      Delete
  11. You are having quite a time of it, Joy. But it will all be a bad dream eventually. Stay positive!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. It will indeed. :-) xx

      Delete
  12. They have a huge stack of these boxed up chairs in Aldi ... they are huge boxes aren't they, so I can imagine you opening the door to find it completely blocked, but it looks nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely enormous!!! How could anyone get it into their car? I was so grateful to Dave for coming round, risking the plague and helping his poor old mum out, bless him.
      (It wasn't risky really - I was masked and kept my distance)
      xx

      Delete