Friday 11 March 2022

Friday

 Oh, deary me.  You can tell my head isn't quite in the right place today.  The blog post that should have been in here ended up in my other blog, the Slimming World one.  Goodness knows why but ooops!  I won't delete it from there because there's some comments, but here it is in the right place - better late than never!

Morning, everyone.   Wasn't yesterday a gorgeous day.  Because it was mild as well as sunny, it felt like the first really spring day and I had the French windows open to let the air flood in.

Thanks for all the lovely comments yesterday.  This thing isn't very nice and the cough is a particular nuisance at the moment with all the usual side effects but I have honey, I have meds and there are lovely people offering to get anything I need so no complaints.

I had a great night's sleep, only waking to get rid of the copious amounts of water I'm drinking at the moment and to stock up with tablets for the aches.  

Yesterday, Dave brought round a nice bottle which I have tucked away for when I feel like it and he picked up some stuff I had printed out for him.  Beth popped round with some strepsils and Chris popped some sucky sweets through the letterbox.  I really am a very lucky bunny.

Today is more resting between coughs which seem to be 'loosening' a bit now.   I'll probably nod off from time to time and am so very thankful that I only need to be responsible for myself, not for anyone else.

I hope you have some great plans for today.  Stay safe and well and be happy.  xx

20 comments:

  1. I did wonder about that, but you're excused, Joy - it's a wonder you're posting at all! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It took me ages to reaslise what had happened. I kept thinking 'I KNOW I posted - I had comments'!!!
      Doh!
      xx

      Delete
  2. A good nights sleep must have done some good.
    Keep resting and drinking plenty of water (as I used to say to my children!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I am, I am. I'm getting through loo rolls like crazy!
      xx

      Delete
  3. I did wonder when I saw you'd posted on your foodie blog. Hope you're getting some rest and there is a lot of pampering going on xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, if I wasn't feeling quite so rough, I'd be having a great time. :-D
      xx

      Delete
  4. So sorry it has taken a hold - all you can do is rest and take care of yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Viv. I'm gertainly7 doing that as well as I can. xx

      Delete
  5. It sounds like you have lots of support. Glad to hear that you are recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Things are definitely looking up. xx

      Delete
  6. Do take care. So glad you have others looking out for you, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's really lovely. I got loads of messages offering support on FaceBook too. People are so kind. xx

      Delete
  7. I hope you get better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Definitely - the sooner, the better. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. The cough sounds horrible. Take lots of fluids and plenty of rest. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The couch and the results (ach8ing muscles, sore throat, sinus ouch, headache, etc) has been a trial, I have to admit, but it's loads better today so that makes me happy!
      xx

      Delete
  10. I love the idea of sweeties coming through the letterbox :-)

    I do hope you are feeling a bit better today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So did I, believe me. :-)))
      Definitely on the up again now, thanks, Sue.
      xx

      Delete