Thursday 24 March 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  Yesterday was the warmest day yet, weather-wise, warm enough to have breakfast and lunch out in the garden which was great.  At the moment we have a frost but the sun is emerging and it's going to be good again, I hope.

After a bit of a ponder and consideration of the pros and cons of Greenwoods, Nuffield Gym and nothing which, to be honest, didn't take too long, I drove back to Greenwoods and took out the six week trial membership.  Now it's up to me to see if I really will use it and six weeks is a fair time, I think.  I don't have to book, I can just turn up and, if I don't want to eat there, there's a pub over the road or I can always bring a packed lunch.  The grounds are in a beautiful state and it will be nice to picnic.  Of course, I don't have to eat there at all!!

I was thinking about opportunities - Tuesdays are almost always free days, as are most of Wednesdays but I wouldn't want to go Wednesday as it's personal training later on.  Thursdays are pretty free apart from my chats with Chris and Fridays are also a possibility after Slimming World.  There's also weekends and I will try a Saturday and a Sunday but I gather it can be fairly busy at weekends, understandably.
Anyway - we will see.  Maybe tomorrow?

Sharon turned up a bit earlier than expected and worked her usual magic on my hair.  It's good to have shorter hair again if I'm going for more swims.  Then I drove over to Lindsey's and had my hour of personal training.  I won't say it's back to pre-Covid level yet but I don't think it was far off yesterday.

A bit later, Dave came round - he needed a bit of help with something and I was glad to be able to offer it.  So that was good.  It's always nice to be able to help, isn't it?

By eight I was so weary, I had an early night.  OK, so I woke at stupid o'clock this morning but I had a good long sleep and mornings are rather lovely now so no complaints.  In a couple of months, hopefully, it will be warm enough to sit outside right from the start of the day.  That will be super.

Today starts with the usual chat and coffee with Chris.  She's coming over here and I'm hoping we can sit out.
After that, I'm driving over to Val's and we're going to Cressing Temple for lunch and a good stroll around.  Oh, it's so nice to be able to get out and about again and what cooperative weather too!

I'm looking forward to today!  
Stay well and be safe, everyone.  xx


12 comments:

  1. The spa trial sounds a very good idea. Have a lovely few days, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really did appeal. It is farther to go then Nuffield but I can just touch the edges of town and it's mostly a very pleasant country drive and it is certainly more of a quality experience all round in a lovely environment.
      In six weeks, I will know.
      xx

      Delete
  2. It looks like it will be a bright and sunny day here as well. And better still, the forecast is great for the weekend :)
    I'm sure you'll make the most of your membership, it looks so lovely there. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this coming weekend looks great. The sun is shining properly now, the frost has vanished and I have some washing to go up on the line. Nice. xx

      Delete
  3. I hope the trial period works out for you. Is it far from your home ... I think I may be getting mixed up with the Potters hotel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you are. Potters is a holiday resort near Great Yarmouth, about two hours' drive away. Greenwoods is a hotel/spa in Stock, a village just outside Chelmsford.

      Mind you, confusingly, Potters has bought up a spa called Five Lakes, which is about half an hour's drive away - a bit too far away for membership really. It is closed at the moment as they are doing it up but I do have a short break booked there in June.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Joy, Just catching up with your posts today since I arrived in UK early on March 14. What a long haul you've had with Covid. I'm so sorry. I had a bit of bother upon arrival as I was injured on the plane (badly wrenched knee) and spent the first day at a London hospital. Was well cared for--had an MRI (showing the damage), saw a very kind orthopaedic consultant and am now sporting a full length leg brace. Traveling alone, but staying at my usual hotel where the staff knows me and were helpful. Rested two days then caught a train to Edinburgh to meet up with three friends, two of whom were able to meet my train. We had a great time together and I took the train back to London on Monday, the 21st st (still in the brace...Will be for some time), but managed to pick up a few groceries that night to tied me over until today (24th) when I was supposed to fly back to the US. However, this is where your story about gathering with friends has the same outcome as mine. Woke up Tuesday with a sore throat so took an LFT. Yes. Immediately positive. Notified friends. One of the three also tested positive, but is asymptomatic. In addition to the sore throat, I've developed head congestion, some coughing and don't have much of a voice. Obviously i can't travel home. Must have a negative test in order to get back in my country. After reading how long it took you to get a negative test, I am getting very worried. Luckily, I'm back in my usual hotel and have my own kitchen. Have extended my hotel stay until next Tuesday (8 days from first symptoms/test) and I've been able to rearrange my return flight without charge (and happily, I have travel insurance that covers the medical charges and the Covid extended stay). Ordered groceries delivered to hotel and have a lovely large room with three windows so I've been able to enjoy the warm, fresh air. Plenty of books to read. Now if I can just test negative by Monday! If not, I'll be here a bit longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Mary - what a chapter of issues you have had! How did you damage your knee - it sounds very painful and unpleasant!

      I am glad that after all your travelling, you were able to meet your friends and that you had a great time, even if the outcomes weren't great.
      Your symptoms sound very similar to mine. Not nice but nothing that worried me particularly. Some people have a negative after five or six days so my fingers are crossed for you.
      Thank goodness you are comfortably housed and have people who could help, should it be necessary. I'm sure you would be able to extend your stay but, obviously, I'm hoping very much that it won't be necessary.
      How is the knee now?
      I doubt I can help but please say if you think I can.
      xx

      Delete
  5. So glad you are well and able to get out and about once more, Joy. Sounds like you have lovely plans made. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Debbie. It's lovely to have warmth and sunshine too - great timing! Hoping you are well.
      xx

      Delete
  6. The trial membership sounds like a good idea. In that time you should know whether it will be something you'll use or not. Sounds like you are getting out and about more. It must be nice especially if the weather is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so - If I decide not to continue, I've had six weeks of enjoyment out of it so, really, it is win-win!
      xx

      Delete