Monday 28 March 2022

Monday

 Morning, everyone.  After a dull and damp start yesterday, the sun came out later and it was a really sunny day.  Today looks to be much the same with a slightly lower temperature but I see that on Wednesday there's a little sleet symbol - oh my!

However, sadly, I didn't get to Beth's.  She was feeling unwell so cancelled.  She tested but it didn't show positive within the half hour although it did after then.  She's testing again this morning and won't be the least bit surprised to see a positive.  Obviously, I am rather concerned as she is asthmatic . . .
She won't have got it from me but, as it's been a holiday week for her, she has been out and about more than usual so could have picked it up anywhere really.
I am most unlikely to have got it again, from her, so soon so I'm just being sensible and masking up whenever it is appropriate.

It is worrying though as she is asthmatic.  Positive vibes for her, please.

So yesterday was a much quieter day than expected.  I looked it up and you can freeze meringues so I popped the one I made into a bag and it's now in the freezer.  You can freeze whipped cream too, I gather, so today I will do that and it can join the meringue in chilly splendour!  I think it does better if you add a bit of sugar - is that right?

Today I have to go into town to sort out some executor paperwork first thing, then there's circuits and later on tuition.  I've asked the last two if they are OK about me coming and they are fine with it.
That's about it really.
Have a great day, everyone, and stay safe.  xx

22 comments:

  1. Hope Beth gets through the Covid OK - it's everywhere again but on the whole not making people too poorly.
    Enjoy your busy day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping so - also hoping she has signed in poorly and is back in bed sleeping. I know she works from home but she was feeling rotten yesterday and, most likely, will be the same today.
      xx

      Delete
  2. That's a new one for me that the test shows positive later than the half hour time slot, I usually ditch them as soon as the half hour is up and after reporting on the NHS site. Maybe I need to keep them a bit longer.

    Best wishes to Beth, hope it'll be mild and passes quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't count as positive after the half hour so I wouldn't bother.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sending positive vibes for Beth. My younger daughter is asthmatic and had covid in early December (she kindly gave it to me and my husband as was living with us at the time). She said that her asthma has been much worse with chest infections in the past ( we've had several trips to A&E due to those), so I hope Beth is as fortunate and isn't badly affected.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending hugs and best wishes to Beth for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - I'm sure she will appreciate that. xx

      Delete
  5. I do hope Beth recovers quickly and isn't too poorly with it, all the people saying this is now 'just like a bad cold' have obviously not had this strain which seems to really knock people for six.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's not been nice. Mind you, a bad cold can knock you out, can't it?
      xx

      Delete
  6. Hugs and quick healing wishes for Beth. I hope it goes easy on her.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do hope Beth has tested negative today - we know of a neighbour who was positive for a week (she did feel rotten with it), finally tested negative, then positive again the following day! Whether Beth's got covid or not, I hope she feels better very soon. Worrying for you, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very firmly positive to day. No surprises really! She's signed off work for a while. xx

      Delete
  8. Sorry to hear about Beth, hope she will won't have it too badly. It's still around, so we still need to take care. We no longer have to wear masks in shops tomorrow here in Wales. We have planned to look at carpets tomorrow so don't know if we'll still keep our masks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still wear a mask in shops. Decreasing numbers of people are though.
      xx

      Delete
  9. Poor Beth. I do hope she doesn't have it too badly. And poor you having all the worry... we never stop worrying about our kids do we.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we don't. How are Alex and Beccah now?
      xx

      Delete
    2. We were all astonished that their PCR tests came back negative but all Beckah's family are currently poorly with Covid. Looks like Alexander and Beckah only had a heavy cold.

      Delete
    3. That's still very unpleasant though. I do hope they feel loads better very soon - all of them. xx

      Delete
  10. It sounds like there is still a lot of it going around. I hope she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. An awful lot of people are unwell with it right now. It's unpleasant but not dangerous.
      xx

      Delete