Sunday 6 March 2022

Sunday

Morning, everyone.  After a really dull, slightly damp day yesterday, we have sunshine right now.  It's almost half past seven and I need to get a move on, have my shower, get dressed and stroll down to the beach because I suspect the sun won't last all that long.

Sadly, I didn't get much of a sand walk yesterday because the beach is divided into sections with wave breaks, either wooden or rocks, so you can't go very far before having to stop.  I took this photo at one end of the Potter's section and you can see the other end.  The sand is lovely though.


Not to worry.  I walked south along the path above the rocks (a man made barrier, not natural) for a while and it was nice - cold, damp but nice - until I came to this  . . .


. . . and here's the reason.


You could see where part of the cliff (not a rocky cliff, more a very, very steep sandy slope) had broken away and the path didn't look any too secure either.  Where there were some concrete steps going down to the sand, they had moved and were very wonky.  I'm not sure how well the wonkiness shows but it was - very.


It was a really nice walk, all the same, and I got some more nice, splashy wave photos.



This was the afternoon.  Before then I'd done one of Lindsey's classes in the morning and had a 45 minute swim so it was a pretty energetic day really.

I'm not a late night person in any way so, after dinner, I came back to my room and chilled.  

Today is more of the same really and I'm going to stop this now, get washed, etc, and make the most of the early sun.  Have a great day, everyone.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Wow, you really caught those waves well didn't you. What a lovely place to walk and I bet it's gorgeous on a sunny day. Do you spend a lot of time there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks and sounds as though you are having a very invigorating time. You should arrive home fully refreshed and raring to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your photos of the waves and it all sound like your having a great time.
    The power of nature is quite frightening when you see the damage it can do. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good photos! In fact that looks very much like what the seaside looks like here today! Blustery,cold and damp and a very turbulent sea which has resulted in a very exhilarating walk. We returned home quite rosy cheeked and totally refreshed. Enjoy your break :-). Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are having strong winds here too but at least the temperature has risen and some of the snow has melted. Enjoy the rest of your stay (although I imagine you are home by now?)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely beach!!

    You sound like you are having a great time.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A walk along the beach is always a tonic. It sounds like you're having a nice relaxing time. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, everyone. I have indeed had a really pleasant time. I arrived home around half twelve after a very easy journey.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love walking along the beach especially at this time of year when it's usually really quiet.

    ReplyDelete