Saturday 19 March 2022

Saturday

 Morning, everyone, and it's looking good out there again this morning.  Three or four lovely days on the trot is officially Spring, don't you think, and very welcome.

Yesterday passed OK.  It should have been hair day but Sharon's coming next Wednesday instead so I will have to put up with feeling messy for a few more days to come.  Oh, the hardship.

I mostly pottered around, watched rubbish on the telly and got on with my counted cross stitch - I'm really on the last lap now and should finish it today apart from the thread that's run out - fortunately, just one colour.  If it was just a little bit, I might patch in another toning colour but it's not, it's several patches so it wasn't just a tiny bit short.  Naughty.
I'll take a trip to Hobbycraft as soon as I can but it won't be this weekend.

My cleaner arrived.  We kept distance, me staying downstairs as she did upstairs and then we swapped over.  I may have snoozed off a bit while reading on my bed!!
She gave me a bit of extra time, giving everywhere a thorough cleaning and wiping over and also doing the windows, inside and out, so the place is shining this morning.  It feels nice but rather guilty but it was their choice.  Personally, I would say it is debateable whether it's 'essential services' - it would be for some but for me?  open to interpretation, I would think.
I had all the windows open pretty much all afternoon and we stayed well apart so it should be OK.

My online order is due to turn up this morning and that's probably the highlight of the whole day.  I'm not testing today.  I don't plan to go out until Monday (if I can) so I'll test tomorrow and let's hope . . .
I also have a bit more washing to do and line dry - I think we all love line dried clothes, so fresh and fragrant after a good soaking in sunlight.

As Brenda commented (I think it was Brenda), Covid's left me easily tired which is going to be a right pain when I look through the diary for the coming week that contains not only the already planned stuff but also a number of rearranged things.  Oh, well, I must do my best and not worry about the rest.  I'd rather be negative and rather busy than the other, after all.

Hoping you all have a wonderful weekend, especially if your week has been hectic.  Sooze, have a wonderful weekend at the caravan.

Stay safe.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Thank you Joy, we are :-))

    Fingers crossed for a negative test for you tomorrow. I'm sure you are easily tired, please don't do too much and rest up when your body tells you to! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brilliant. I've just commented on your blog.
      I am being careful, I promise. Apart from anything else, I want to have some energy (and two negative tests) for the posh spa day booked for Tuesday that Beth and I are hoping to enjoy together.
      Looking forward to resting in the sunshine in an egg later on, maybe even with a cheeky glass of something dry, chilled and white.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Fingers are crossed for the two negative tests so you can make the spa day with Beth.

    It's a lovely sunny day here and I sat out in the garden earlier on. I hope you can do the same today ... I didn't have an egg to sit in though. Is it as comfortable as you'd hoped? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really lovely, Eileen. There's a strap that allows for a bit of swinging but not too much and it's so very comfy to sit in. You can adjust the height but the lowest height seems just right for me with my little legs!

      Thanks - my fingers are crossed too. xx

      Delete
  3. Too chilly to sit out here, cold wind coming in.
    Do hope you are OK for the spa day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not so bad here, further away from the coast. There's a breeze but my garden is quite sheltered.

      Me too, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  4. It's only sit-able outside here if you get into a little suntrap, although it looks glorious there is a cruel edge to the breeze.

    I think your idea of a little something dry, chilled and white is a brilliant one ... here's to a good weekend (and a negative test for you as soon as possible).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may have misjudged. It was a bit chilly but I've had a lovely sit out and now I'm cosy and warm inside again - the best of both worlds really.
      What a lucky lass I am, to be sure.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you continue to feel better.. we've decided to stay with a weekly order, we've had one the whole time through covid and haven't been in a supermarket tp shop at all, except to get a few odds and ends at the coop here, which has never been crowded. Sun makes us all feel brighter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I may use online now and again but I'm looking forward to proper shopping again so I can choose for myself.
      Yes, I agree, sunshine is happy-creating. xx

      Delete
  6. Keeping my fingers crossed that you test negative.

    The tiredness lasts for awhile according to our sons.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am expecting it will. After all, it takes a while to get over flu, for example.
      And thanks xx

      Delete
  7. Take care and rest up. Listen to your body. I haven't had Covid but I had a really bad bout of flu one year - it laid me up for a few weeks (ended up with a secondary infection) but even after I recovered it was a long time before I was back to normal. I got out of breath so easily walking. I had to take several rests!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really did have a bad bout, didn't you. Not at all nice.

      I intend to go with the flow. If I need to rest, I will (if I can). No point pushing things too far if I don't have to. xx

      Delete