Saturday 26 March 2022

Saturday

 Good morning,. everyone.  It's just getting light at around half past five but, of course, tomorrow the mornings will be darker again as we put the clocks forward.  To balance that, the evenings will be lighter, which is lovely.

Yesterday was good, even though the weigh in was extremely ouchy!  Oh, well, onward and downward again!

I had a lovely time at Prezzo with Beth although aren't taxis expensive nowadays?  I think from now on, one of us will have to be the designated driver.
We started off by sharing starters - crispy mozzarella and some mixed olives and then I had a chicken, pepper and balsamic onion pizza (delicious) and finished off with raspberry sorbet.  I brought half the pizza home with me.  At first I thought they had brought me a large one instead of the regular I asked for . . . until I saw a large one.  Blimey!!!!

We started off with a cocktail each and I tried a blackberry negroni (Campari is my absolute favourite drink) which was absolutely gorgeous.  I'm definitely making some blackberry liqueur this year so I can have it at Christmas!  So delicious.

After such a lovely evening, I've had a rotten night's sleep.  Maybe a too active brain or perhaps the coffee I finished off with was too strong although that's not usually a problem for me?  I don't know.  Hopefully, Beth has slept better than I and I will probably have a good sleep this afternoon to make up.  We will see.

There are no other plans for today so I will take it as it comes.

Have a great day, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. That pizza sounds delicious and the cocktail sounds wonderful. I'll be making cherry liqueur if there's a good crop this year on the local trees but I wouldn't mind the recipe for your blackberry one. It'll be a lovely taste of late summer in the middle of winter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was gorgeous. The only thing - if/when I have it again, home or away, I will top it up to a long drink with some tonic.
      Cherry liqueur sounds absolutely amazing - I wonder if it would work using defrosted frozen cherries - not as nice but still good, maybe.

      This is the sort of thing I do . . . amounts are fairly flexible really
      https://hedgecombers.com/blackberry-flavoured-vodka/
      You can use vodka or gin, they're both nice, and last time I made it, I added a bay leaf which gave a certain je ne said quoi to the drink. It was really nice. The thing to remember is not to leave it steeping too long or the pips impart a woody flavour. Same with raspberries. Strawberries, on the other hand, can steep for ages.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you enjoyed your meal with Beth. I'm sure you'll soon get back to the SW habit and shift the excess weight.

    Hope you have a lovely gentle day and can catch up on your sleep if you need to xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks, it was very pleasant. xx

      Delete
  3. The cocktail sounds delicious. I never seem to know what to ask for and usually just settle for a sweet martini but blackberry negroni could be verry nice :-) Looks like UK is hogging all the good weather as we have windy,wet weather and it has been like that for our a week. keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was delicious; the blackberry went perfectly with the other flavours. xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks. I enjoyed hearing of your lovely meal with Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marjorie. We had a great time. xx

      Delete
  5. All sounds lovely - a special treat for the two of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was. Two good friends together! xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you got a nice nap this afternoon.

    What a lovely meal with Beth.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the tiredness is post-viral, I think. :-)
      x

      Delete