Thursday 3 March 2022

Thursday

Morning, everyone.  Sorry I'm  bit later with this - I had a late start so everything is correspondingly later too.
After another wet and miserable day yesterday, things have improved considerably and, right now, the sun is shining and I'm hoping I can dry my washing on the line. 

The only diary thing is coffee and chat with Chris.  It's really my turn to host but it was so, so noisy next door yesterday that I asked if I could go to her and, snap, she was about to ask me over because they could hear the noise over the other side of the cul de sac!  I'll make up my share when things are calmer again.
I don't mind - you have to break eggs, as the saying goes and anyway, it'll be noisy in my garden when they start the garden room.

And talking of garden rooms - I've started buying stuff!  Aldi are getting in another lot pf their 'egg chairs' and I've ordered one!  Woo hoo.  It's something I've rather fancied for a while but it's not something that can be left out in the gardenand storage was a bit of an issue.
This is it.



As Eileen said, I've been thinking and planning furnishings, etc.  I rather fancy some wicker furniture with chintzy fabrics and, on the back wall, framing the freezer (which will have to go in), some neat, maybe Shaker style, probably white kitchen units.  I'll be looking round to see what I can find - I have no idea what the style is at the moment but I think I want white, not the grey you see everywhere nowadays.
I could even have some of my cross stitch picture on the walls, couldn't I?  That would be very nice!

Anyway, as you can see, I have 'ideas'!  lol

After coffee and chat, although there's nothing in the diary, I shall be very busy getting everything sorted out for the weekend and I want to get those buttons from Hobbycraft.  Also, as I am now driving and taking someone else too, I need to get the route sorted out.  It's further up than Southwold so I do know the route a bit but you know what I'm like with journeys - I need to be 100% sure and even then I worry!  :-)

So that's today planned out.  I'll probably post tomorrow but I can't guarantee the weekend.  It all depends on what the internet connection is like.  I hope it will be fine but, if I don't appear, don't worry.  That's all it will be.

Have a super day, everyone, and be happy!  xx


20 comments:

  1. The egg chair looks fab. I imagine it would be very relaxing to sit in. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can imagine curling up in it with a book or my Kindle. I hope it's as cosy as it looks. People say it's lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  2. You are having fun, aren't you? Planning for nice things is lovely. Enjoy a bit of peaceful respite with Chris! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really am - I love a bit of planning, even if it comes to nothing.
      xx

      Delete
  3. That egg chair does look cosy. Just imagine snuggling up on that with a nice cuppa and a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, l love the egg chair. I think white units are a good choice as they will help brighten the room on a dull day whereas I think grey units will have the opposite effect.

    Enjoy your chat with Chris and fingers crossed for a successful Hobbycraft shopping trip. And I hope you have a lovely weekend... I'll say that now in case you don't post again before your trip! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I think. I want everything to be bright but neutral so the furnishings can be a splash of colour.

      And thanks. xx

      Delete
  5. Ooh the egg chair looks nice, I think I would be swinging around rather than concentrating on my reading :-)

    You talking about the freezer going in there for some reason reminded me of Shirley Goode from the 1980's. The cover of one of her little books showed how she turned her chest freezer into a 'dresser' by throwing a tablecloth over it and having open shelving above. It's funny how an image suddenly pops into your head isn't it.

    You are going to have great fun with your Garden Room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I remember dear Shirley. I used to read her blog and make comments. She was always full of sound advice. Earlier than that, I remember her on Pebble Mill - I think it was Pebble Mill anyway. She was always lovely.

      I really think I am going to have a lot of fun - when I saw that Aldi had brought back their egg chair, I knew I must have it. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  6. I can picture you relaxing in the summer in that gorgeous chair with a cool drink in hand surveying your lovely garden in full bloom!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, your reply showed three times - I've deleted two of them!

      I think it is going to be good. It makes me smile, which is nice.
      xx

      Delete
  7. It is good to read about your enjoyment in planning your garden room. Something to look forward to, just like your upcoming excursion. Hope you have a safe journey and a lovely time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mary, that is so very kind. xx

      Delete
  8. I actually have that chair. Harvey bought it for me for Mother's Day a few years ago. There is usually a fight over it when our youngest son comes home as he loves sitting in it as well.

    Have a safe journey.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone who has mentioned it says it is lovely. That's good to know, thanks.
      xx

      Delete
  9. What fun to be planning the room! Those chairs are so comfy. I'm sure it will be perfect in your garden room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping it will be just perfect. xx

      Delete
  10. Have good journey and a great time!

    ReplyDelete