Thursday 17 March 2022

Thursday

 Good morning, everyone.  The sun is shining brightly and it's going to be a lovely Spring day, I can feel it in my bones!  We did have some heavy rain yesterday but that's all gone and, although it's a bit chilly right now, I will be opening the windows wide in a while, to flood the house with fresh Spring air.


A clump of hyacinths and if you look bottom right, you can see that my hostas are also starting to make an appearance.  Lovely!
(just ignore the weeds, please)

I had the low-key personal training sessions with Lindsey yesterday and it really helped.  I was rather tired afterwards but I'm so glad I did it and it was fab to actually chat to someone and catch up on all the news.  The others in the 'Potters Group' who also came down with Covid are all doing fine, quite a number are back in circulation again now, having tested positive sooner than I so that gives me hope.  Maybe I can be back at circuits on Monday.  Fingers crossed.

I did a load of washing but totally forgot to get it out of the machine so it's having another wash as I type and I will get it straight out on the line.   I think I will change my sheets today - it's long overdue - so they can also wash and dry in the sunshine.

I'm rather liking online supermarket shopping - I have an order for Saturday morning so must have a think about what else, if anything, I would like to add to it before midnight tomorrow!  It's been a very useful safety net for this last week and a half but I much prefer the proper thing, I have decided.  Apart from anything else, I like to see the fruit and veg before I buy it!
Another sign of improvement though - despite that last statement, my order has rather a lot of F&V in it - I've stopped craving sugar, carbs and fat and I am rather wanting fresh fruit, fresh veg and lean protein again.  Thank goodness!

What I didn't do is get the chair set up.  I think that must go on today's list, given the good forecast.  I did have a good nosey through the instructions and they look pretty straightforward, which is good.

So today starts with another positive LFT but like yesterday, I had to wait several minutes before the line showed and it's fainter so I can see the light at the end of this particular tunnel.  The aches are now mainly in my neck and shoulders, the sore throat is easing off, yesterday's headache has gone and the chesty cough is - er - less!  I've fired off a message to Jen with fingers crossed that she is able to find someone to help with weigh in tomorrow.

At ten, I have an online chat with Chris.  We missed last week's, of course, because I was feeling rough, so there's plenty to catch up on.  I'm so looking forward to it.

Later on, I need to have my phone turned on and up loud so John can contact me if he needs to - something to do with setting up an executors' bank account relating to Dad's house sale  which is all going through slowly.  Also related to it is some paperwork I need to read through, answer where I can, and return to John.  Rather boring but it has to be done!

It's so nice to be talking about normal stuff again.  < happy smiles >

Have wonderful day, everyone, and I hope you are also having Spring sunshine.  Stay well and safe.  xx




12 comments:

  1. You sound so much brighter and more cheerful, Joy - much more like your normal self! But again, don't overdo things! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's too easy to push things too much, isn't it, but I promise I will be careful. I do feel loads better though, mentally as well as physically! xx

      Delete
  2. Nice to hear that you are on the mend Joy. I'm craving salads and fresh fruit too. I think it's the sight of a bit of sunshine.. my eyes think it's nearly summer but there's a fair way to go yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cherie. It's actually none too warm yet so I've closed the windows. The heating was popping on! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm glad to hear that you are feeling much better

    Your Hyacinths are early - none here that I've noticed so far or any sign of a Hosta which I'm sure there was one last year somewhere.

    Sun today is very welcome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue.
      The hostas are in a very sheltered position, perhaps that's why they are showing earlier. I bet yours will show itself in the next few weeks, if this weather stays so nice.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Glad to hear you're beginning to feel better, and those hyacinths look gorgeous.. we still haven't gone back to shopping and have continued to have it all delivered, so much easier and we save money as I can't wander off into aisles to fancy other bits.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point, Chris. I'm finding I'm the opposite though - all sorts of naughty little things are creeping into my online order.
      Ah, well, back to normal this next week xx

      Delete
  5. Those Hyacinths are beautiful, isn't it nice seeing some colour in the garden and sun in the sky.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. Very cheering and heart-lifting.
      xx

      Delete
  6. So glad you're starting to feel better. The hyacinths are really pretty. So nice to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely - and almost all Christmas gifts from children/parents. Beautiful in baskets and pots and then popped out in the garden which is why they arrangements are more than a bit random!
      xx

      Delete