Friday 18 March 2022

Friday

 Morning, everyone.  After a gorgeous day yesterday and a slight frost earlier, this morning has started off just the same and the Beeb forecast looks great, just as sunny and a bit warmer too.  As I have to stay to house and garden, the weather couldn't be more cooperative!

Yesterday felt 'normal'.  I got the sheets changed, the washing done, line dried AND ironed, I had a super online chat with Chris, added to my online shopping order nd sorted out a few more bits and bobs.  I was a bit tired by the evening but nothing too overwhelming.  Things are definitely getting back to normal again.

Today, I've just seen a message from Jen letting me know she's found someone to do the weighing this morning at SW.  By next week, I will be there to do it myself again but I felt bad about letting her down, even if I couldn't help it, so I'm glad to know she's got help.

I haven't heard yet from the cleaners - usually I get a reply almost straight away.  I don't yet know whether they are coming or not but the house isn't too messy really; it won't take long to declutter a few corners, so I will do that anyway.

Apart from that, there's not a lot to do.  I need - or maybe that should read 'want' - to make a Lakeland order as I'm running short on certain bits and bobs, I have a bit of money moving to do and stuff like that and there's always that chair to put together.  I don't know why I'm procrastinating about it, it looks dead easy.

And that's about it really.  I'm not testing today, there's no point and I don't intend going out and about before Sunday at the very earliest.  I'm still very chesty and full of coughs and splutters, but it doesn't hurt any more and the headache has definitely done a runner.  It truly is like a chesty cold now, nothing more.

I have a nearly full cafetiere beside me, the sun is shining, there's not a lot I have to do - it's going to be a very nice day, I think.  Time to refill my mug and open the window for a while to freshen up the downstairs.  Just think, in two or three weeks it might be warm enough to sit outside with my morning coffee and use the laptop to do my blog.  How lovely would that be.

Actually, I've just done the maths and in four weeks I will be enjoying my coffee in the Premier Inn at Bury St Edmunds, looking forward to three days away over the Easter weekend and the famous Premier Inn  breakfast before I set out for some sort of jaunt or jolly.  Must start planning, I think.  Anyone who lives round that way - what's worth a visit, please?

Have a super day and may everything go well for you.  xx


12 comments:

  1. Just sit back and relax and make the best of it. Thankfully you will be well for your little trip at Easeter. My Aunt used to live in the area and there is so much to see you will have a long list. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely town and the area, as you say, is interesting. Plenty of old villages and places to visit. Really pleasant.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you are feeling a little bit better, my son is also chesty and throaty much different from the last bout of Covid he had. This is obviously a new strain.

    The sunshine makes everything seem so much better though doesn't it, although when I sat out with my morning cup of coffee I was very quickly a mass of goose-bumps, so I came back in and enjoyed it through the glass instead ... much warmer that way.

    You can't beat a Premier Inn breakfast can you, we love them. I usually grab an apple, banana and a couple of pan-au-chocolate for our lunch later in the day too as I don't eat a huge amount at breakfast time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It keeps changing, doesn't it? I'd rather have the chestiness than needing oxygen anyway!
      It's a fair bit warmer here today. It's beautiful.
      And yes, great breakfasts and that's my intention too - fruit, something carby and maybe a yogurt grabbed for a light lunch before I go back there for dinner. I've booked and paid for breakfasts and dinners so it's only lunch I need to think about.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Hope you managed to sit out in the sunshine today. We loved our overnight stay in Premier Inn the night before our holiday. The room was spotless and it took all the worrying whether the taxi will turn up stress away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they're very good - clean, comfortable, warm - what more can one want. xx

      Delete
  4. Good luck
    Covid takes weeks to get over so plan accordingly
    Don’t rush
    Glad you are doing better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try, Brenda but . . . And thank you.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I am glad that you are feeling better and the weather is co-operating so you can enjoy the outside.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather really has decided to tirn a corner for a while. It's lovely.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you have a good weekend. Maybe next week will be more back to normal. Take care of yourself and rest up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so - there's a huge backlog of stuff.
      xx

      Delete