Wednesday 9 March 2022

Wednesday

 Good morning, everyone.  What a gloriously sunny day it was yesterday and today's forecast looks positive too.  It's not so warm and there's a bit of a frost right now but that's OK, it is only March, after all.

I have a few more photos from the weekend to share.  Outside the bungalows, there were some very nice displays of bulbs, pretty much all miniature types, in raised beds.  Here's a few . . . they were so pretty.





I seem to have acquired a cold from someone over the weekend, waking up yesterday with some aches and pains (which could have been exercise based) that developed into a very sore throat and a bit of a cough.  At least, I hoped it was a cold but a couple of people in the Potters' group sent messages to the Facebook group yesterday, saying that they had just tested positive to Covid.  Obviously, I tested straight away and it was negative.  The aches have gone but the sore throat is still here so I tested again this morning and it is still negative.  I've taken some pain killers and the throat is easier; I just don't have much of a voice!  :-)
I'll keep testing!!

Before I heard about the others in the Potters' group, I had popped out to Sainsbury's to do some shopping and top up with petrol.  The bank account has taken a battering but at least, if I do have to isolate, I'm well topped up.

The rest of the day continued as planned.  I got three loads of washing done, dried on the line in the sunshine and ironed.  It's aired overnight so this morning I can put it all away.  Ironing line-dried fabric is so pleasant - a lovely fresh smell and it smooths out so easily.  I was feeling quite zonked so took things quite easy, reading, cross stitching and watching telly (and ironing!!!)

Today I had planned to go to Lindsey's Wednesday group circuit class because I was still driving home on Monday.  However, given the situation, even though I am testing negative, I think it would be better for me to access the class online, if possible (it usually is) - some of the Wednesday group were at Potters and probably wouldn't appreciate any germ laden people turning up, whether positive or negative.
I was then going back this afternoon for personal training and have asked Lindsey for advice.  If she'd rather do it online again, that's fine and, obviously, I will test again before I would set out anyway.

Apart from the above, whether it be online or in Lindsey's studio, I don't have much else planned.  No washing, the house is still in a reasonable state, I'm starting the allotment work next week (weather permitting) and so I may as well continue to chill anyway.  I haven't caught up with the final of Throw Down (although I do know who won - no surprises there) so I have that to look forward to.

I hope you/we all have a lovely day without too many hassles.  Take care and stay safe.  xx


14 comments:

  1. I hope you continue to test negative, Joy. Husband was only saying just a few minutes ago that we've heard nothing on the news about Covid recently, it's all been superseded by the terrible Ukraine situation. However, Covid is still there, it's not disappeared, as you've found out. Take care of yourself, Joy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so sorry for the two ladies letting the whole group know they had tested positive. They did the right thing to say but there was no way they could have known before they left, we all tested before leaving home.
      I'll keep testing but it 'feels' like a cold - which might explain why I felt quite tired over the weekend - I was brewing a cold. Fingers crossed it's not Famous Last Words, eh?
      Thanks, Sooze.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Must have been that nasty Norfolk air!

    Hope it's just a cold and soon goes away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup. must've been. All that briny breeze too. Should've known better than to go to the coast! :-)

      Thanks, Sue, I'm sure tests will show the situation soon.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your flowers are beautiful.
    I hope you remain covid free. It finally got me this week. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Jules, I am sorry. Me too, as I've said in today's post. It's a nuisance but think of the antibodies! xx

      Delete
  4. I do hope you continue to test as negative. You have exactly the same symptoms as my sister and she didn't test positive until the fifth day, so I do hope that your symptoms turn out to be the common cold.

    I watched the final of TGPTD but won't mention it until I know you have seen it, except to say I was happy with the result. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They haven't. Positive today and hardly a surprise really.

      I watched it yesterday. I was very happy with the result too. xx

      Delete
  5. Hope you feel better soon. XXXXX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure I will - thanks very much, Maureen.
      xx

      Delete
  6. I had a cold for a few days before testing positive. Thankfully I wasn't too poorly though I did a full ten days isolating.. Hope you keep on testing negative and soon shake off that cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Positive today. Ten days - blimey! I'm not even going to think about doing another test until Monday - you don't have to and I am isolating! It feels wrong to do anything else, whatever those rules say or don't say.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Hope you feel better soon! Such beautiful flower photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are delightful, aren't they? I wonder how it will look come the summer. Lovely, I expect. xx

      Delete